Used 2017 Nissan Titan XD Diesel Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Titan XD for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Checks the boxes.

Joseph M Smith, 01/09/2018
SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Great truck. Great value. Very comfortable, heated seats are not hot enough. Stereo best ever. Engine and tranny work great. Falls below 55 MPH on steep grades towing max rated load of 12500lbs. MY wife loves the running boards and smooth ride. Resale not so good, have no idea why. Will continue to roll it no plans of selling.

2017 Platinum Reserve sled

James Moore, 05/30/2018
Platinum Reserve 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Overall this is a nice truck. The interior is very nice, but the truck lacks a few amenities a “platinum” should come standard with. Not having power folding mirrors is a big disappointment. Leg room is also poor if you’re over 6’ tall. My biggest complaint is the throttle response and the transmission. There have been several instances where either the slow throttle response or turbo lag has nearly gotten me broadsided. The transmission (which is the same POS that dodge once used) shift erratically when driving in stop and go, in town traffic. I have owned Ford, Chevy, and Dodge diesel trucks, and the 5.0 Cummins in this Nissan has the worst throttle response and turbo lag of any of them. Going to try a programmer soon to see if that helps with these issues.

Best truck I've owned!

Robert Wrenn, 08/26/2018
SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Great truck....period! 100,000 mile bumper to bumper gives lots of peace of mind. This truck has done everything I've asked of it and then sum. I've put a 1300 lb Club Car Onward in the bed and a 10,000 lb 35 ft travel trailer behind it and up the mountains of NC every other weekend and could tow plenty more with the Cummins 5.0 Diesel and still have fuel for 300 more miles. Roomie, great looks and as quite as a gas engine. Handling is great and the ride is super. The only con I have is that it has to wait for the turbo to hit 8-10% for it to really show its "ump". I'm really pleased with this truck and would no hesitate to purchase it again.

Perfect.... except!

Mark, 11/08/2018
Platinum Reserve 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I owned a 2004 LE Titan and sold it with 220,000 miles. All trouble free. Bought the diesel fully loaded. Sticker price $66,000 and got it for $47,000 (no trade). I LOVE this truck with 3 exceptions; for the price, it should have power folding mirrors, the info center needs to be user 'programmable' (by this I mean you should be able to select where some things display such as outside temp. The driver can see it but no one else. My family likes to see it. It should be on the console screen where the GPS is or back on the rear view mirror) and lastly I think the throttle lag on acceleration is going to get someone hurt. As an example, when you slow to merge onto the highway then punch it to merge in, the truck sits there thinking for a second before actually accelerating. This allows on coming traffic to be on top of you.

My First Titan 2017 XD platinum 4x4 turbo diesel

jerry, 04/17/2018
Platinum Reserve 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've had Fords my whole life.......loved them all; but wanted a diesel. Ford wanted $15-$20,000 more for their diesel so I went with the Diesel Titan XD Platinum 4x4. Love this truck. Pulls my 24' trailer with ease.......just like it's not there. I get 15-18 miles to the gallon with normal around town driving. One time I got 30 miles to the gallon driving out of the mountains; 35 miles on highway mostly downhill. I have to put 2 1/2 gallons of DEF in every 3-4000 miles. The Cummins Turbo Diesel is the quietest diesel engine I've heard and has plenty of get-up and go. 5 STARS FROM ME !!!!!!!!!