Used 2013 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Awful Car
By Virginia

2013 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my car May 2013 new from the dealer, the car has never been involved in an accident. About 3-4 months after having recently bought the car the car made this horrible grinding noise, I took it to the dealer and they said it was because I drove through mud! I couldn't believe they gave me that excuse, so I took it to the dealer again and after complaining they finally looked at it and they fixed the part that was defected. Now March 2016 my car started to accelerate or jump on its own while I was driving. The problem grew worse when making a left turn the car barely moved even though I pressed on the gas all the way the car seem like it wouldn't budge. There were also times I would press in the gas and the car started to feel like it would jump and feel like it was about to shut off. I thought the fuel filter needed to be fixed, once we took it to the dealer the problem was that the car needed a new transmission. Fortunately, the car was under warranty so they are supposed to be fixing it. Another feature I noticed that doesn't work properly is that sometimes when the front passenger is sitting it reads as if nobody is sitting there, so if I were an accident the bag could possible not deploy. This car has been nothing but a waste and I regret getting this piece of junk!!!

Great car!
By Lawanda Renee

2013 Nissan Sentra S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Nissan Sentra it's a great car. No problems wrong with it

20000, CVT Problems
By CVTsStink

2013 Nissan Sentra FE+ SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The warranty is only as good as the company backing it. Nissan has a CVT issue and, as normal isn't doing much about it. My last Nissan, CVT issues at 20,000. Nissan needs to step up. Can't get Nissan to keep the car long enough to get the car to do it. I've been on a intermittent slip going on 8 months now, about have gotten hit twice now. If you buy one, get a standard shift. Advice is to stay away, I hate to admit it, but go buy a Toyota.

52000 Miles. NO MORE CVT'S!!
By Wallz

2013 Nissan Sentra SV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I got the car "certified used" from the local Nissan dealer in May 2015. I have had a couple issues with a check engine light saying the mass air flow sensor being slow. Shortly after that issue was fixed, the trans began to shutter at times. 28th just becoming more frequent in the last 2 days. The year has not even ended and this morning on my way to pick up tools to put my daughter's new stuff together and in the middle of an intersection the transmission stopped the car. Would not go into gear and if you put it in nuetral it is difficult to move by yourself in the rain I had to rock it back and forth to get it to move out of the intersection but BEWARE ONCE YOU GET IT MOVING IN NEUTRAL WHEN YOU STOP PUSHING MAKE SURE IT IS IN PARK OR USE THE PARKING BRAKE IT WILL ROLL OFF IN NEUTRAL WITHOUT HELP for some reason the car will barely propel itself in neutral. Found that out after he got it off the tow truck haha. Luckily it was very early on Sunday morning and I didn't have my 2 year old daughter with me. But needless to say I WILL NOT EVER BUY ANOTHER CVT TRANSMISSION CAR AGAIN. I bought the car out of necessity and not what I wanted and so I can't blame the salesman I should have been more vigilant in my decision. Won't be making that mistake again.

Just problems.
By Stephanie

2013 Nissan Sentra SR 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Got the car. Had it about 2 3 months and started driving funny. Between the transmission, brakes, stalling, wiper's, hole in my driver side seat from not stitching. Needing an alignment and they can't align the back of the car, so now when I drive it grinds when I make a right turn. I just wish I didn't go Nissan. I'm stuck and I wish I wasn't. I got the car thinking it was going to be a smart buy and it's been nothing but a peace is [non-permissible content removed]. 6-2016 update. Still HATE it! I'm stuck in it because I'm upside down in my payments. The backend is eating my tires and I have to get a whole new backend! I hate hate hate this car!