Used 2011 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Comfortable, reliable, low cost of ownership!
By M F

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

If you want a spacious, economical, dependable car with very good power for fuel efficiency and overall cost, this car is great!

Very slow CVT transmission until warmup
By barry hillman

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

In very cold weather, the CVT transmission makes the car go very slow until warm-up. It is very annoying. After warm-up, the car runs fine. I paid about $18000 for the car. It was about $2000 more than usual because of Japan's problem with nuclear power plant. It still was a good deal.

Great Value
By J.Robbin Hajek

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After our last two Toyota experiences,which were uncharacteristically poor,we decided to try the Nissan brand.So far both our Sentra and our Frontier 4x4 have given good solid ,problem free service.This Sentra is a good handling automobile,that offers great visibility,is quieter than our Corolla,has logical instruments,comfortable seating(at least for us)and decent acceleration.Not quite as economical on fuel,but is ok.Have not had any problems so far,and that what counts.The same can be said of our Frontier,no trouble.Made the switch to Nissan,and so far very pleased overall with the value and performance.

Expensive repairs!!!!
By Anonymous

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I had to repair the computer for the transmission at 90,000 miles. Well guess what my warranty was only good for like 80,000 miles. I had to pay 2,500 dollars to fix the computer for the transmission. Then my car started having issues with the gas pump at 91,000 miles. For some reason the sensor for the gas pump clicks at 3/4 tank instead of when the gas tank is full. I have been trying to manually fill it up past 3/4 tank and my car has been making a squealing sound. Well I gotta go get that fixed now too. This car shouldn't have the amount of problems it has had at 90k miles. I

Solid, economical Nissan Sentra
By Tom Mott

2011 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I found this a thoroughly dependable and economical car for commuting and around town. On state highways in U.P. Michigan I registered over 42 mpg for a tankful, but for interstate highway speeds I could count on 39 mileage. The light weight of CVT, paired with computer control, allows a careful driver to really stretch a drop of gas. It has plenty of power to merge into any traffic, and is super easy to park and maneuver. I'm going to get a 2015 just like it.