Used 2008 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

my family has been with nissan since1974
By grant

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

i have had altmas,frontiers, maximas, stanzas, and pathfinders this sentra is by far a great car. nissan did it again. handles great up mountans i have raced my dads frontier 4.0 and off the line i won. nice comfort the front seats recline very far i drive 150 miles a day and i get an avg of 29- 32 depending on how hard i step on the gas. mtn driving is a blast the car hugs turns tight and you still can give it gas threw the turn for the rest of it looks, inside and out its a good looking car. would like to see in 2 dr tho. and as for build and reliability well ... its a nissan not a toy. haha over all price handling performance and looks its a 10 to me

even the lighting for at night is great don't even need hid's. easy to drive the 6 speed is so easy i can shift with my pinkie and drive with my knees.

needs side marker mirrors and break away mirrors and more DC plug ins and that lock thing ppl are complaining about just get the power lock mirror and window package and you wont have that prob

Love it but
By jing

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I like my Nissan Sentra ...it's fuel economy, performance is pretty good. My only complaint is that the mirror, plastic vents, which are all in its interior, are not well made. I'm not doing anything that can be abusive to my automobiles. Except I have high mileage because I commute at least 150 mi ea day..i replace my automobiles at least 2x a year (i have 2 autos). I also hate the fact that changing brake lights (rear lights) are not DIY. By the way for the last 10 years my autos are all Nissan (Xterra, Altima, Pathfinder, and currently I have Sentra and bought another Pathfinder)..Love the Nissan brand =)

Fuel Economy and it's new look. I love the keyless entry and blue tooth technology..awesome for this non luxurious auto.

Make brake lights replacement a DIY . Make a better quality interior parts.

I Love My Car!
By dianna

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I love my car! My boyfriend bought it for me. I love driving it. I have no complaints about my car at all. It handles very well. I have had all the oil changes and the 15,000 mile inspection. and the tires rotated. It corners very well! No problems at all. If you take care of your car. Its going to last a long time. I hand wash my car.I treat it like a baby!! I love it!

The stereo! Being able to to switch stations from the steering wheel and the volume control is great. All the compartments it has. The trunk is huge!

The only thing I would like to see improve. Is you really have to turn your head when you are lane changing. because trying to look out the side window your view is blocked by the way it is designed or curves from the back window area!

A fun little 4 cylinder...2 year lease
By MD

2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned this car for almost a couple years and have had zero problems with it. Regular maintenance at the dealer but no surprises of any kind (the bad kind). It has decent pep for a 4 cylinder, can keep up with most cars on the road. Not a huge fan of the CVT, but can switch to the paddle shifters. Lots of head room and very comfy seats in the SER. Needs to have VSC, tilt steering wheel and sound control on steering wheel. A little bumpy on harsh roads, but very smooth and firm on normal roads. 26.5 MPG on mostly city driving. Overall, I've enjoyed the car, but I'm getting close to 40 and need the V8 roar, so I'll be turning this pup into the dealer at the end of the leas

Seats, MPG, paddle shifters

Needs to have VSC, tilt steering wheel and sound control on steering wheel. CVT for 4 cylinders is questionable...ok for more powerful V6's

Disappointed and filled with regret
By Jonathan

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I get upset every time I hear about the toyota accelerator recall. I honestly feel that the way this car performs in the snow, slush, sleet, ice and even rain is more dangerous than any accelerator problem. I'm from the midwest, and I grew up driving in the snow. I've never had a car perform so poorly and feel so dangerous as this one. Even on roads with a dusting of snow, you can feel the sentra fishtailing and moving all over the road. There are many ways around an accelerator problem, but there is no way to keep this car under control except for slowing down to a crawl. Nissan has a real issue here. If I had the decision to make again, no way I would have bought the sentra.

The rear end, the electronic steering, the weight distribution. Something needs to be changed to make this car perform safely