Used 2008 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Reliable
By Ally

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

When my parents and I started looking at cars I hated the Sentra it just wasn't what I thought I was looking for but then I test drove the Civic, Yaris, Corolla and Rabbit and finally under the encouragement of my father went to a Nissan dealership and I fell in love with the Sentra 2.0S. The keyless entry feature is great I haven't used my key since i left the dealership. It has a smooth look, all the bells and whistles I could ever want all under 20K. Gas is great and even better since the price is starting to drop. The acceleration is good and despite what other reviewers say I have virtually no outside noise.

Nice handling and acceleration, Keyless entry is fabulous, Gas is great, Brakes are good, the bluetooth is more than i could ask for.

I would've gone with the SL if the leather seats came with a heat option and the truck sits very high so I have to count a lot more on my side and rear view mirror than I would like to. Other than that not bad Nissan.

Recall -check out brake fluid
By Thomas

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have only 1600 miles on my car and already the brake light warning showing on the dashboard. I check the brake fluid level and it was very low. I topped the liquid level myself and after a week the level has dropped again. Be careful and take this urgent. I am taking the vehicle to the service tomorrow for checkup. I am sure the brake fluid is leaking and the master cylinder will need to be replaced.

Great gas mileage averaged, driver seat has height adjustment, lots of room.

Trunk release on keyless entry key will be great.

Very Impressed
By Mark

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I will say that I looked at the Honda Civic and the Toyota Corolla. The Sentra was levels above on both. The Sentra with the CVT made the deal even better. Overall the Sentra had a great feel and value as well as great fuel economy.

CVT is amazing. The auxiliary port I love that being able to just connect my iPod. Also standard power windows and locks are nice. Not to mention the drive is very smooth and quiet.

Really, I wouldn't improve too much. Very well built vehicle and smooth to drive.

Excellent buy
By CTM

2008 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Wondering about MPG? If I keep my foot out of it I can average 30 mpg. Usual avg is 27. I get 36 mpg hwy in 6th going 55-60 mph. It can run on regular, no problems, but I use premium for more power. I installed an Injen CAI and it SIGNIFICANTLY made more power. Worth every penny and with about 3 months of use no problems. The seats are very comfortable on long trips. The trunk is huge. The glove box is huge. I outrun CooperS, GTI, VR6 no problems. The affordable price is great. Not as fast as a Speed3 but it costs $5-$6k less. Avoid the Rockford stereo. It sounds good when not moving. But roll windows down and it is easily drowned out. Tires are great dry, bad in snow.

Shifter location, black interior, head room, hip room, seats are great, subdued exterior look-- no big spoilers or hood scoops. Size of the trunk and the trunk opening itself-- both are huge. LSD is an essential upgrade. Wheels look good. Brakes are excellent and stop on a dime. Unbeatable price.

Get rid of the gauges on the dash (g-meter and oil), they are childish and I have yet to look at them once while driving. I'd rather have the regular Sentra's storage cubbie. The Rockford stereo is weak. It cannot overcome road noise. 6.5" speakers up front instead of 6x9s.

Smooth Operator
By Dan

2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is a great car. We were first attracted to the elevated seat height, about 6 inches higher than Altima or Maxima. There is plenty of headroom and legroom for my 6'5" frame. The car is very smooth and quiet on the road (think Buick) and handles very well. Very little body lean while cornering (think Jetta). The CVT works very well but it took some getting used to. Forget the tachometer and just drive. Aggressive driving has very little effect on fuel economy. It accelerates very nicely if you step on it. I have been getting 30+ MPG in suburban driving and 35 MPG on trips. It is the quietest car I have owned. You can carry on a normal conversation will passengers in the front or back.

Smooth quiet ride. Nice handling. Comfortable pit. Good fuel economy.

Better cup holders. Small compartment (for sunglasses) next to steering column is cheap. The door fell off and I have had to snap it back together on occasion.