Used 2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Wow what a car!
By Matthew

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love this car!!! I almost chose the SPEC-V, but my girlfriend does not know how to drive standard, so that's that. Anyway, the brakes stop on a dime, the suspension is amazing, the CVT pulls hard. The fuel economy is not as good as I thought, but I do push the car somewhat. The stereo is great, but wished it played MP3s; I am 6'3 and pretty big, and it fits me like a cadillac would. I bought an extended warranty only because CVT is a new technology, and did not want to get stuck with a $4000 bill if the tranny fails. The a/c is strong; I have nothing but good to write about this car, it is truly the best of all worlds. Comfortable, fast, reliable, solid, and everything is just excellent.

A/C strong! Fast!

I'm still not sure...
By Sonoma Red Nissan

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have put about 1250 miles on my new Sentra 2.0 S, and I'm still really not sure how I feel about it. If I had it to do over again, I don't think I would have bought this car. I feel like I'm driving a stick, it is hard to get used to driving it, thus it's very jerky. Hits bumps very hard and shaky. I do love the smallness of the car, yet roomy inside. My inside door panels immediately scratched up terribly from just my coat buttons!! I do love the buttons that show MPG and miles til empty, but am disappointed at getting just about 25.5 mpg. Dealer said it should get over 30-38, but would be higher after breaking in. When is that?? No auto locks or headlights! :(

I like the Intelligent Key. Not used a key, yet. Have to dig for house key when I get home, though! LOL I love the Sonoma Red shiny color. Button that show MPG and miles til empty. Rear end design. Dashboard. Quiet engine. Twice I've tried to start it when it was already running! Yikes.

Better MPG, better quality interior door panels and seat coverings. Oddly shaped side mirrors. Suspension to avoid hard-hitting bumps. AUto headlights and auto door locks! Omg, how could I not think of this? I miss them both so much from my Grand Am!

German drivability; Japanese reliability
By Gordon

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased this car recently and I am very satisfied. Test drove a Honda Fit and a Civic, and after I test drove a Versa - it beat them both, however I wasn't satisfied with the amount of room so I stepped up to the Sentra. It drove the same as the Versa and was as comfortable as the Civic... all with a better price tag. Great bachelor car if you're looking for a roomy sedan that handles like a BMW. Its performance speaks for itself.

Keyless operation for anything. Bluetooth. Aux input for iPod.

More powerful audio system - then again, I'm used to having 10" speakers in the back.

SE-R
By Dale

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

If you have not driven an SE-R before you bought a normal Sentra, you have missed out on a great small sedan. With the larger 2.5 engine out of the Altima and the 6 speed paddle shifters it is great fun to drive and yet we have averaged 27.4 mpg to date in suburban type driving. It has good low end torque and will cruise effortlessly at 80+. Be sure to get the upgraded stereo system. Try it and you just might be hooked like I was.

My baby red is a lot of fun to drive.
By Diana Roman

2008 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My kids and I love "Baby Red". It doesn't feel like you are driving a small car because have good movements and is very roomy inside. I feel like a "cool mama" driving this car. The only negative thing is not too stable while applying the brakes. The poor thing is taking a beating traveling around 70 miles a day and is holding up like a champ.

Inside room and exterior style.

Wider tires. Better brake system.