Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Surprised by a lot of negative reviews..
By Raindawgs4ever

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my 2007 Sentra S for almost two years now. I am kind of surprised by some of the negative reviews I've read here since this car has been a peach for me. I agree with the dings on the plastic interior, non- collapsing rear view mirrors and blind spots, but I've adapted and overcome these shortcomings. I'm not understanding the mileage knocks as I get out what I put in with this car. If I am driving like a madman in the city I can get like 19 mpg. If I mellow out a bit it will go up to about 27. The worst I have ever done in freeway driving is 28. Driving conscientiously I get 34. My overall averages, mostly freeway with 15% city driving is 31-32 mpg. I am happy with that.

On board computer, sound system that works for me, mileage, performance that is surprising for a little car, positive comments I get on the car, inside and out, completely reliable at nearly two years, no issues, great driving in the snow, comfortable over long distances, feels like a nicer ride.

Plastic interior pieces need to be addressed. Blind spots can be improved with better rear view mirror placement/size. Make rear view mirrors collapsible. I think because the car is so exceptional in some areas one expects more in others. Any time I critique it, I remind myself it is a tiny car.

Love my Sentra
By Janet

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Sentra. Enjoyed my 06 so much, I traded it on the 07 Showroom model, when I went in for a oil change. New exterior and the CVT out of this world. I have more power & pickup than some vehicles with V6. The Bluetooth, is the best. I don't have to operate my cell phone...I let my car do it, by a push the button on the steering wheel. I have all the bells & whistles and feel like I drive & own a luxury car with all the economy and pep too. The tire sensor is touchy, but if you adjust the pressure for the weather and drive 40mph for a mile, it will go off. The battery went dead at 16 mths and dealership couldn't find the reason. Cost me $55 to replace it.(warranty)

Love the Bluetooth, the CVT pep and speed. The hidden trunk compartment is great for my purse if needed. Great gas mileage.....

The sunroof leaks thru the map light when I wash, when it rains and snows. I think that's what drains the battery. The leatherette seats are great, but have had problems since I bought the car, with the passenger leather (metal stay) not staying in place at the bottom. Will cut your fingers.

good car for the price
By UR

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car couple of months ago, so far it is giving me very good mileage like 29 city and 35 highway. I checked it so many times. I always keep my air filter clean. Interior is kind of plastic looking but it has a style. rear seats dont have good leg room. Irealy like the hight of the car it is much better. I drive 90 miles/day and loving the gas mileage. If you are looking for the powerful car it is not for you, it is only for stop and go kind of car. If you like to do work on your car it is the best car, every thing is right in front of your eyes, even the oil filter any one can change the oil filter.

Gas mileage and hight of the car

seat make sequiky noise and very plastic looking interior.

Tire Sensors are a pain!
By F Fields

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this car for almost a yr now. I like in the Chicago land area. I travel 30 miles one way to work. The car was very reliable over the winter. I dont like the way the car handles in windy conditions or at speeds over 60 MPH. The only major problem I have had is the darn tire sensors which is now on every time I get into the car. My tires deflated every time the temperature changed so I had to purchase an air compressor to save time and money on having someone come put air in my tires. I was really tempted to get all new tires but there was nothing wrong with the tires on the car. So now the light never goes off. The sensors are expensive to replace (Quotes $125-$180)Hate the sensors!

Interior is very roomy in front and back!

Tire senors and sun visor need some working on. Driving over 60MPH is not so smooth.

Awesome Car
By John

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I now have 25k miles and not one problem. I'm 6'4" and fit comfortably in the Sentra. Much more head room in the Sentra then any other compact car on the market. I drive smooth and easy (the speed limit)and get 28/29city and 36/38highway. I don't think you can find a better car for the money(I paid $15k).

Lots of trunk space. Excellent MPG. great design inside and out.

Can think of any.