Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 174 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

"ANOTHER AMAZING NISSAN OFFERING"
By WB1013

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

2.0s manual-great car for it's class and initial investment. Drove both the manual/CVT although I was pleased with the CVT-went with the manual (like to get to the gear I want). I get an amazing average 34 mpg-99% of the time I am the only one in the car/don't carry a lot/and am on the interstate-so that has a much to do with it. Nissans fabric (mesh-like) choice was ingenious- shows zero wear-trunk is spacious-back seat is ample-int design is comfortable (I am 6,1'') and well thought-out. Had one issue (warranty) climate control fan went out-sounded like I had a helicopter blade rotating in the dash. Fixed and no issues since. Nissan always seems to embody quality and value (have owned 6) great- car!

Bluetooth and stereo controls on the stearing wheel - MPG and Distance read- out. Leather-wrapped stearing wheel and shiftknob.

Suspension and brakes wish they were tighter and bigger - but aftermarket options are vast...wish I had a moonroof... maybe I'll add that aftermarket too.

Abnormal Rear Tire Wear
By Stan

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

For the most part, I love my Sentra. Positives are the high driving position, the smart key (which has spoiled us), the responsive CVT transmission, good fuel mileage (average 28-32 MPG in combination driving), and Sentra's great exterior styling. Negatives include small trunk, wind stability, and a unexplainably discolored center storage compartment. I have also been thru 2 sets of rear tires in only 42,000 miles, which the dealer service dept was unable to explain to my satisfaction. Says they are not out of alignment. I thought it was very commendable that Nissan also extended the warranty on the CVT to 120,000 miles showing their confidence in that technology.

CVT has worked great at 43,000 miles. Convenience of Smart key is the only way to go for us now. Can't lock your keys in anymore. Oil change maintenance is easy for do it yourself.

Wiper controls are a little annoying to use. Interior plastic panels scratch easily. Vinyl on storage compartment discolored even though kept in shelter most of the time.

Good except the gas millage
By Darien

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

For the most part I'm pleased with the car. The suspension is passable on bumpy city roads, but could use work on future models. The gas millage is terrible for a car this size. At best I get 330 miles on a tank of gas city driving. Nissan really needs to improve that to make it worth buying. Based on gas millage alone, you might as well get an Altima if you have the finances. Other than that, no major complaints.

You get alot on the base model. Pretty good leg room all around.

Gas millage is atrocious for a compact.

Dont buy a sentra, horrible MPG
By Joshua1981

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Let me start off bye saying the car drives pretty good. But thats about as far as it goes. My 2.0S only gets 23 mpg combined city and highway driving. Which is way below the fueleconomy.gov ratings of 25mpg city and 33mpg highway. What has happened to nissan. I like the car ok other than that but to me gas mileage is a big part of car ownership. I would strongly advise anyone considering buying a 2007 Sentra to buy a honda civic or toyota corolla. They get way better gas mileage. I only got 350 miles on a 14.5 gallon tank of gas. I'm very disappointed and nissan should be ashamed of the gas mileage on the sentra. I will never buy another NISSAN again. Hope that helps.

Good room in the car and love the stereo. Rides fairly well for a little car.

Gas mileage needs to be improved greatly. Faster acceleration. Cruise control on all models.

Good Car
By jmard24

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I don't know understand why magazines say bad things about the car. I think it's a great car. It's quick, reliable and get good gas mileage. I checked out the civic si but I fell in love with this one as soon as I saw it. Great car

Rds, Leather appointed steering wheel, sporty look, comfortable ride, 6 spd tranny

Move the dc outlet.