Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

I shoulda just bought a used car
By Vicky

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

If I woulda known that it would've given me the hassle that it has, I would've bought a used car and saved myself a few extra G's.Luckily, almost everything has been under warranty, but the hassle of having to take days off work and having a rental was just a lot. I bought it in 01/2007. In 03/2007 the 6 cd changer busted, I had to get it replaced and guess what, my CDs were never returned. about a year later, my transmission blew. I was out on a rental for a wk. Then there was a recall on airbags and brake hose a few months later. Then the battery was dying. Had it checked twice and both times I was told it was fine. Now the battery is dead completely. I missed 3 days of work and am fed up Nissan

Intelligent Key. Divide and hide trunk.

bluetooth mic. People can't even hear you, but you could hear them. useless.

Rear end wanders
By Heathenstar

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Love the car when road conditions are good. However, in snow, ice, or rain the rear end of the car wanders and is frightening to drive. No solution from dealer yet. Some websites suggest this is a problem with rear end alignment and could be a manufacturing defect.

62,000 miles and engine gone
By badn99

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Car drove well for almost 3 years until one day at 62,000 miles check engine light came on. Took it to the dealer and was told engine had failed and needed to be replaced at a cost of $7000. Imagine my surprise that just after warranty on engine expired it needed a new one. Got 2nd opinion and was told the same. Engine misfired badly and knocked. Car had regular specified maintenance and was well cared for. Contacted Nissan but no help. Will never buy another Nissan. Car is now sitting awaiting a used engine at a cost of $2900,

Great gas mileage and decent interior.

Reliability on engines.

Great Daily Driver
By NissanFan4Life

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the car as a daily driver due to extensive travel for work. Car has low price, many features, decent fuel economy, room and Nissan reliability. Couldn't ask for a better car for the money.

Bluetooth, Intelligent key, interior room & quietness, fuel economy, CVT, steering wheel controls, ride & handling (for a compact), decent stereo

Styling is a little bland, ABS & Stability should be standard, interior scratches easily.

Best car for the money!
By carguy2006

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I baught my Nissan Sentra being the first Import vehicle I have ever purchased. I have driven 45,000 miles and I have never had a single problem. The CVT paired with the 2.0 Engine is the best. I am averadging 390-420 Miles to the tank. I have takin this car on many of road trips and allways and thrilled with the performance good job Nissan. I work in the auto industry and have driven so many cars and normally keep these vehicles for a year or two. I actually want to keep my Sentra for another five years!

Bluetooth, Premium Sound, Intelligent Key, Audio Controls on the Steering Wheel, Devide and Hide trunk. CD Storage in the Visor, MPG, and CVT Transmission.

Plastic does scratch easily.