Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Best auto puchase I've ever made!
By Nleporacci

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Not sure what the mileage complaints are about. I'm averaging 31 mpg on the highway and 28 mpg combined. I've just hit 300 miles on this tank of gas and I still have more than 1/4 of a tank left. Lots of power when needed and stylish to the max. The 2007 has twice the leg room of the 2006. It hugs the road beautifully.

I love the "on wheel" controls for the radio. Plenty of power for passing. The CVT is great. Trip computer is a plus and I love being able to plug my Zen into the aux for mp3 playing. The split rear seats have already come in useful.

CVT is a little bumpy when coming to a stop. It feels like the car is going to slingshot ahead. I wish the door controls were illuminated. An on dash tray would have been nice. There's definitely plenty of room for it.

Well put together car
By Bek

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car has great head room, not present in many small vehicles. It's peppy and maneuverable. The design of the instrument panel is really great. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Trip info feature - tells gas mileage and miles till empty.

Suspension a little stiff perhaps could be made more comfortable. Also improve gas mileage.

Great vehicle but not without its quirks
By Bill

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Over 15 months/22,000 miles of ownership, my Sentra never left me stranded and gave me good, dependable transportation to/from work. While not a sports car by any means, it could blow away any Civic or Corolla on the road. Styling was nice for a car in its price range. The CVT was a neat variation of the traditional A/T and helped make the most of the engine's power, but it was disconcerting during stops as it would often cause the car to slingshot forward while braking, almost like downshifting too early with a manual. Gas mileage was okay, typically in the mid-20s, but nowhere near the advertised 36 mpg hwy as others have mentioned. Interior was nice, but quality left a lot to be desired.

Above average engine power for a vehicle in its class, reliable, Altima- like styling, center display with trip computer and RDS/CD TEXT, side airbags at no extra charge (yet no cruise control or ABS), easy to parallel park.

CVT needs tweaking to stop slingshoting explained above, needs better MPG, LEDs on A/C knobs need to be brighter to not be drowned out by sun. Improve quality (foam popping out of dash, visor covers fell off, rattling seat, wheel alignment bad fresh from factory).

I'm In Limbo
By evy197531

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Well I had the 2006 Nissan Sentra and upgraded by way of a car accident to the 2007. I love the style. It is totally different than the 2006 and resembles the Altima. Nice compact size for myself and I am single with no children but bad choice for someone with a family.

Radio control on the steering wheel.

Folding side mirrors, cruise control, alloys. I have none on my car and the 2006 had more features than the 2007.

2007 Sentra 2.0 SL Sedan
By Chris

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We leased this car from the dealership I worked at in July of 2007, replacing my wife's 2006 Honda Accord. This car is way above the Accord in fit and finish, build quality, interior quietness and other things too. This car is smoooth sailing the whole way through. Excellent power delivery with the CVT, although gas mileage is nowhere near the advertised 29/36. Hopefully it will improve once we pass 7500 or so miles. With ~5000 miles on the car, it's been great. 6 speaker prem. audio system rocks, and my iPod interfaces with the radio nicely. Bluetooth is a nice feature to have too, as well as the ABS brakes.

CVT power delivery, premium 6-speaker audio system, leather seats, bluetooth.

The side mirrors need to fold, I knocked one off the side of the car when it was 2 weeks old. Thankfully it was only $105 for the whole mirror assembly. The gas mileage needs to be greatly improved also, or at least inform buyers of the true mpg. Very important with gas nearing $4.00/gallon.