Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 174 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Love it more 1 year later
By Sue

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the 2.0 model with the 6 speed manual transmission in January 2007. I love this car more every day! I average about 28 mpg combo city/highway miles. It is comfortable, sporty and quick! I don't have all the bells and whistles like the 2.0S has, but thats okay cuz I am not a bells & whistles person. I am extremely satisfied with this vehicle and would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants an affordable, well built car with Nissan dependability.

Love the large trunk. Stereo rocks. User friendly shifter placement, comfy seats. Great heat and A/C!! This car can move when it wants to!! Love the sixth speed. Love playing my iPod with the adapter!

Suspension needs improvement, Nissan should spring for better stock tires. I can't think of anything else.

Lemon
By Lawrence

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the car in 07/2007. It's been in and out of the shop the whole time I have it. Issue has been truned over to the (BBB) better business bureaus,inc. The rubber molding on the back door had to replaced, the driver's seat had to be replaced, the transmission had to be replaced and now just had to replace the air/fuel ratio sensor and sensor asm. Who knows what will be next on this car.

Really like the interior and the design of the car, that's what sold me on it.

A Great Car - even after a year
By Poonhead

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is the second review of this car I've written for Edmunds. I loved it right away, but promised myself I'd come back and write more after driving for a year. What can I say? This car is fantastic. The looks of it are a bit controversial, but if you love it (like I do), you love it. This car is even great in the snow of upstate New York. People get in my car and just gush about it - which is weird considering it's a Sentra and not a BMW or something. It's even worked well as my daughter has gotten bigger and out of the car seat. We've driven it all over the northeast and had plenty of room, good fuel economy, etc. Can't recommend this car enough.

Aux jack for iPod, styling, storage/compartments, leather seats, polished granite color, trip computer, fuel economy right around 30 overall, CVT is SWEET, stereo without upgrade to R-F is quite good, trunk is huge inside, divider is great. Stance on the road is great, and interior is spacious.

Door controls should be illuminated and perhaps moved back a bit toward driver, better plastic on interior (scratches too easily), trunk opening is a bit small though inside is huge. Really can't think of much more!

Kind of fun
By madridny

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased in May of 07, traded in a Dodge Dakota. Gas mileage is in the advertised range, about 31 with regular tires and 28 with studded snow tires, mostly highway driving. Vehicle really needs snow tires if you live in a very snowy area. All weather tires will not do it. Heater works great and rear defrost works fine. Car is a little noisy under heavy acceleration. When braking car lurches forward at times but I am told that this is a product of the CVT. Gas door needs to be opened from inside and does not work properly, usually it will not open and needs some extra "help". I am 6'6" and the headroom in this car is great. Not to sure about the benefit of the trunk divider.

Intelligent key system, head room, mpg, trip computer, acceleration, excellent heat and a/c, bluetooth, auxiliary input on radio for iPod, visibility out the front window, good windshield wipers, good headlights on high and low beams, huge glove box.

Gas door problems, paint does not take wax well, more 12v power sources, led tail lights, amber turn signals, turn signals built into side mirrors, illuminated cup holders, a turbo diesel model would be great?

Best auto puchase I've ever made!
By Nleporacci

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Not sure what the mileage complaints are about. I'm averaging 31 mpg on the highway and 28 mpg combined. I've just hit 300 miles on this tank of gas and I still have more than 1/4 of a tank left. Lots of power when needed and stylish to the max. The 2007 has twice the leg room of the 2006. It hugs the road beautifully.

I love the "on wheel" controls for the radio. Plenty of power for passing. The CVT is great. Trip computer is a plus and I love being able to plug my Zen into the aux for mp3 playing. The split rear seats have already come in useful.

CVT is a little bumpy when coming to a stop. It feels like the car is going to slingshot ahead. I wish the door controls were illuminated. An on dash tray would have been nice. There's definitely plenty of room for it.