Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Great car after a year of ownership
By Brian

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Sentra SL for a year now, and it has been a great car. The SL is packed with features that can not be had in most any other 'entry' level vehicle. (I've never understood why most car designers believe small is always about being the cheapest option and not about preference for many car buyers.) I've had no issues with the car to date other than something minor at the time of purchase. I was replacing a 2000 VW Jetta with the Sentra. I can say, the Sentra does not drive live a Jetta unfortunately, but once you get used it you settle in quickly. Fuel economy has been about 22-24 in city driving and 36-38 on highway over the year (w/o the air turned on).

Built-in bluetooth and I'm not stuck on the phone type; Rockford Fosgate stereo sounds great & has mp3 audio jack; keyless locking & starting; moonroof; leather seats in a small car!; steering wheel controls; cd storage above visor; adjustable cup holders; easy to fold rear seat headrests.

Create more of a cockpit feel for the driver which would have been easy to do with the design of the interior; heated outside mirrors; better brakes - can be a bit choppy when stopping; seatbelt height adjuster tends to rattle at ear level; light the door panel controls; form fitting rear seat.

Bad alignment, already has other issues
By Joe

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a Sentra with positive expectations but we were let down. 1. The gas mileage is nowhere near what Nissan claimed. For '08 the gov has revised the criteria, but it's still optimistic. We have averaged from 20 in the city to 27 highway. I drive to maximize mileage too. 2. The wheel alignment is all over the place. Fresh from the factory, the car was defective. After much trouble Nissan aligned the front, but added way too much caster in an effort to conceal the alignment problem. The rear is still not aligned. I suspect that bad alignment is part of the cause for the bad gas mileage. If you have a Nissan, take it to the dealer and have them check the alignment. I have a lemon!!!

The interior is nice. The suspension is sloppy on turns but comfy otherwise. I like the interior room.

The split trunk is not that useful after the hype dies down. Make your cars meet the specs from the factory. Don't sell defective cars. Buy back my Sentra, it does not handle like Sentras that are not defective! My defective sentra is unsafe at any speed!

Love it more 1 year later
By Sue

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the 2.0 model with the 6 speed manual transmission in January 2007. I love this car more every day! I average about 28 mpg combo city/highway miles. It is comfortable, sporty and quick! I don't have all the bells and whistles like the 2.0S has, but thats okay cuz I am not a bells & whistles person. I am extremely satisfied with this vehicle and would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants an affordable, well built car with Nissan dependability.

Love the large trunk. Stereo rocks. User friendly shifter placement, comfy seats. Great heat and A/C!! This car can move when it wants to!! Love the sixth speed. Love playing my iPod with the adapter!

Suspension needs improvement, Nissan should spring for better stock tires. I can't think of anything else.

Lemon
By Lawrence

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the car in 07/2007. It's been in and out of the shop the whole time I have it. Issue has been truned over to the (BBB) better business bureaus,inc. The rubber molding on the back door had to replaced, the driver's seat had to be replaced, the transmission had to be replaced and now just had to replace the air/fuel ratio sensor and sensor asm. Who knows what will be next on this car.

Really like the interior and the design of the car, that's what sold me on it.

A Great Car - even after a year
By Poonhead

2007 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is the second review of this car I've written for Edmunds. I loved it right away, but promised myself I'd come back and write more after driving for a year. What can I say? This car is fantastic. The looks of it are a bit controversial, but if you love it (like I do), you love it. This car is even great in the snow of upstate New York. People get in my car and just gush about it - which is weird considering it's a Sentra and not a BMW or something. It's even worked well as my daughter has gotten bigger and out of the car seat. We've driven it all over the northeast and had plenty of room, good fuel economy, etc. Can't recommend this car enough.

Aux jack for iPod, styling, storage/compartments, leather seats, polished granite color, trip computer, fuel economy right around 30 overall, CVT is SWEET, stereo without upgrade to R-F is quite good, trunk is huge inside, divider is great. Stance on the road is great, and interior is spacious.

Door controls should be illuminated and perhaps moved back a bit toward driver, better plastic on interior (scratches too easily), trunk opening is a bit small though inside is huge. Really can't think of much more!