Used 2007 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 174 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

So Long Subie
By Brunson

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My wife was in the market for a newer vehicle and we were in the reluctant position of trading in our beloved 02 WRX Wagon. We needed a solid commuter car with better gas mileage without compromising too much on performance. Our search led us to the 07 Spec V and we are very happy with the decision. This car is by no means a saturday track day type of ride but I still find a smile every time it rips up to 7k on the tach. The ride is smooth, maybe stiff for some, but much quieter highway crusing than the WRX. Interior is finished nicely and comfortable for my 6'4" 240 frame. For the price and features, can't beat it for a fun/zippy commuter car.

Great list of standard features, Rockford Fosgate stereo, trunk mounted shock tower braces, gunmetal 17" alloys at the corners, computerized trip calculator which tracks average MPG etc, 6 speed tranny for highway cruising, power roof, should I keep going?

Somewhat clunky gear box makes you feel detached from the overall driving experience which is expected out of a sport "inspired" vehicle, silly "G" gauge should be replaced with something useful like tranny temp/coolant level etc. Larger 18" wheels to fill out those wheel wells a bit more.

Much Needed Improvement
By twshield

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2007 Sentra 2.0s new. I have had 3 previous models of sentras and i would have to say that the 2007 is a big improvement. The 07 Sentra now has quality unlike previous models. I feel it can actually compete with civic and corolla now. Being an overweight person, I have found the cabin to be very roomy and quiet for a compact car. The car has a much better ride than previous models as well.

I have the smart key system which I love because I never have to take the key out of my pocket. I also love the rockford fosgate stereo system which is powerful, and I love the bluetooth phone system which works well too for hands free driving.

I am not impressed with the CVT. Yes there is no gear change shock, but it's still annoying because you can hear it! It's too loud! The divide and hide trunk system, cute, but next time put a lock on it and give it some real security! I also think the gas mileage ratings are too high.

Great car after a year of ownership
By Brian

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 SL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my Sentra SL for a year now, and it has been a great car. The SL is packed with features that can not be had in most any other 'entry' level vehicle. (I've never understood why most car designers believe small is always about being the cheapest option and not about preference for many car buyers.) I've had no issues with the car to date other than something minor at the time of purchase. I was replacing a 2000 VW Jetta with the Sentra. I can say, the Sentra does not drive live a Jetta unfortunately, but once you get used it you settle in quickly. Fuel economy has been about 22-24 in city driving and 36-38 on highway over the year (w/o the air turned on).

Built-in bluetooth and I'm not stuck on the phone type; Rockford Fosgate stereo sounds great & has mp3 audio jack; keyless locking & starting; moonroof; leather seats in a small car!; steering wheel controls; cd storage above visor; adjustable cup holders; easy to fold rear seat headrests.

Create more of a cockpit feel for the driver which would have been easy to do with the design of the interior; heated outside mirrors; better brakes - can be a bit choppy when stopping; seatbelt height adjuster tends to rattle at ear level; light the door panel controls; form fitting rear seat.

Spec V
By QR25DE

2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I got my spec v back in 2007. I've had it a little over a year now. I first test drove a honda 2007 civic SI, which was pretty interesting, I liked the power and the low profile and the instrument panel was good looking. But I wanted to compare the two before I made a decision. I went to nissan drove the spec v and fell in love with it. Fuel economy if you drive it in a smart way can get up to 30+

Horsepower, torque, red stitching in the interior, rims, 6spd, the information console integrated with the radio gives average: speed, fuel usage, trip time, etc.

Should have a lower profile would help improve cornering and a turbo wouldn't hurt.

Bad alignment, already has other issues
By Joe

2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a Sentra with positive expectations but we were let down. 1. The gas mileage is nowhere near what Nissan claimed. For '08 the gov has revised the criteria, but it's still optimistic. We have averaged from 20 in the city to 27 highway. I drive to maximize mileage too. 2. The wheel alignment is all over the place. Fresh from the factory, the car was defective. After much trouble Nissan aligned the front, but added way too much caster in an effort to conceal the alignment problem. The rear is still not aligned. I suspect that bad alignment is part of the cause for the bad gas mileage. If you have a Nissan, take it to the dealer and have them check the alignment. I have a lemon!!!

The interior is nice. The suspension is sloppy on turns but comfy otherwise. I like the interior room.

The split trunk is not that useful after the hype dies down. Make your cars meet the specs from the factory. Don't sell defective cars. Buy back my Sentra, it does not handle like Sentras that are not defective! My defective sentra is unsafe at any speed!