Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

So many things to fix...
By meg

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Sentra for about 3 years and put 40k on it. I've replaced brakes, belts and a fuel pump and need tires. Blind spots are really bad. At 5'6" my legs hit the steering wheel if I try to drive while wearing any heel higher than 1". Loud road noise, heavy idle, jerks on acceleration.

The little holders all around the front dash.

Fix the mechanical defects, more legroom, it's impossible to put a cup over 12oz in the holder... it falls out because of the design.

Strike 2 w/ 28,000 miles
By Brian

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have this car for 2.5 yrs, w/ 28k mi, 5 weeks ago the the serpentine belt went and last week a pulley seized and the belt went again. I am giving the car another shot because it's still relatively new and nissan has a good rep, but these parts shouldn't be needing replacement 28k into the life of the car. I have had 2 civics one w/ 187k and 156k when they died, they didn't have problems like this. I would spend the extra cash and get a civic.

Stereo on special edition, gas mileage since gas in NJ is about $3.80/gal

Cup holders in terrible spot, more leg room, I'm 6'3".

Never again
By Jerry LeCount

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The high price of fuel made it necessary to downsize to smaller vehicles. After owning 3 other Sentras I bought a pair of loaded 06s. The aluminum wheels and Firehawk tires are junk. I have replaced 3 rims and 4 tires because they are so poorly made the won't stand up to midwestern highways. This isn't just an expense but a danger. I am looking into the possibility of a product liability suit.

Exterior styling

Forget the low profile tires and put a decent rims on the vehicle.

This SE-R made me a car lover
By icingdeath88

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car after popping into the dealership to check out the Altimas. Once I found out that the Sentra had zero-percent and came in the SE-R style I was all over it. A year later, this car has made me a car lover, because I never before realized how fun it could be just to drive. Also, it out-paces my friend's highly modded Mazda3 hatch. Can't put a price on that. My wife and I like this car so much we're getting her a 2007 one.

Fun to drive, looks way nicer than the 1.8 versions (esp. in black), way fast for the price.

Wish I'd noticed the one I bought didn't have anti-lock brakes. Also, the interior is unrefined, a problem which is completely solved in the newer '07 SE-Rs.

Awesome Car!!!
By Heather

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned a Lexus and it doesn't compare to my Nissan. It's roomy, it's comfortable, and it can pass anyone on the road!, there nothing bad I can say about it.

MPG, interior, acceleration.

Move power outlet so it's not behind cup holder.