Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Never again
By Jerry LeCount

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The high price of fuel made it necessary to downsize to smaller vehicles. After owning 3 other Sentras I bought a pair of loaded 06s. The aluminum wheels and Firehawk tires are junk. I have replaced 3 rims and 4 tires because they are so poorly made the won't stand up to midwestern highways. This isn't just an expense but a danger. I am looking into the possibility of a product liability suit.

Exterior styling

Forget the low profile tires and put a decent rims on the vehicle.

This SE-R made me a car lover
By icingdeath88

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car after popping into the dealership to check out the Altimas. Once I found out that the Sentra had zero-percent and came in the SE-R style I was all over it. A year later, this car has made me a car lover, because I never before realized how fun it could be just to drive. Also, it out-paces my friend's highly modded Mazda3 hatch. Can't put a price on that. My wife and I like this car so much we're getting her a 2007 one.

Fun to drive, looks way nicer than the 1.8 versions (esp. in black), way fast for the price.

Wish I'd noticed the one I bought didn't have anti-lock brakes. Also, the interior is unrefined, a problem which is completely solved in the newer '07 SE-Rs.

Awesome Car!!!
By Heather

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned a Lexus and it doesn't compare to my Nissan. It's roomy, it's comfortable, and it can pass anyone on the road!, there nothing bad I can say about it.

MPG, interior, acceleration.

Move power outlet so it's not behind cup holder.

Should have gone for that Subaru
By Sara

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After a bad run with several used cars, I decided to go for a nice, reliable new car. After seriously considering a Subaru Impreza and a Honda Civic, the Sentra 1.8S Special Ed. was so well equipped for the price that I couldn't pass it up. My father's '87 lasted 150k miles, so what was there to worry about? Well, here it is: in less than 24k miles I've gone through 1 front door seal, a rear wheel bearing, 2 belts, 1 fuel pump, and out of nowhere, the rear brake drums went off-round (lots of meat on the pads 1k miles ago). Otherwise, the car is what I would expect from a low-priced compact car: zippy enough, passable steering and a semi-comfortable ride.

Exterior design, engine ok for size of car, handling responsive, gas mileage is reasonable, and, even with a bad back, the driver's seat is comfortable for rides less than 2 hours.

Besides reliability, disappointed by "premium" audio system (sadly anemic radio, terrible paper cone speakers); interior design needs help (terrible cup holders, dated design), transmission felt like it was slipping off the lot, does not shift efficiently.

2006 1.8 S Sentra
By Jessy

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love mine I have not had the first problem out of it. It's great on gas I drive probably 30 mins one way to get to work, I only have to fill up once a week. I love the sound system in it and I think it looks sporty. I got the special edition model.

The sound system, the really pretty blue color, and the seats are really comfortable

More leg room, AC in the back seats, DVD player