Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Good little car
By Bill

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have 44K on my 2006 Sentra SE. I have done nothing but normal maintenance. No tires, brakes, anything. Serpentine belts are due for replacement but overall I am quite satisfied with the car. The lack of guts is due to the 1.8 instead of the 2.5. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to wait for a 2.5 to be ordered/delivered.

Body style, power window button location. Cup holders stink but otherwise the controls are ergonomic and the seats are comfortable.

Stiffer bushings. That soft rubber is scary! I prefer polyurethane, but a high durometer rubber on "all" models should be standard with poly optional. Turbo for the 1.8 or a V-6 should be optional as well.

For the price you can't complain
By SentraOwner2006

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this Sentra for more then two years. The only thing that broke so far, was the CD player. It would not play CDs. Other then that I have no problems. I generally get 31 mpg and have no problems speeding up or braking. Back seat area is cramped if the car has passengers over 6 feet all. Seats are comfortable enough but the head rest could go an inch higher. The track area is great. Engine is noisy when going over 3.5 rpm. Overall I am very happy with the car and would purchase another Sentra.

Control and response, exterior and interior styles. Stock speakers are great for the fact that they are stock.

Make back foot space one inch longer. Higher quality headunit. Car could easily lose 200 pounds.

Should have, could have
By C Burns

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car considering the reputation the company has yet was and still am disappointed in the workmanship as well as the issues off the lot. I continually have a squeaking belt, my front rotors are warped which is like a bad idea of ABS brakes. The interior is noisy, the sound system seems to be getting worst. The car fails to smoothly shift between first and second gear and it is real easy to hit the shifter out of gear while going (automatic). And what is with my window always fogging up?

Gas mileage.

I know it is a poor folks car but maybe the company would gain a few life-long consumers if they put a bit more quality in it.

Hope you don't mind replacing rims
By lecount630

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

In the last two years I have spent $1100 to replace tires and rims. I bought two of these vehicles to save on fuel. The alloy rims and Firehawk tires are unfit for the road. I have replaced three rims and tires due to damage from normal driving, and recently found out a fourth needs to be replaced. I have owned 5 Sentras. These will be my last.

Exterior styling.

Cheap build quality of interior. Loose the low profile tires and put steel rims on the vehicle.

5th Gear Whine
By Fred

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I really liked the Sentra when we test drove it. It was small (I am 6'2 and 250 lbs) but was comfortable enough for me to drive. There is no room in the back seat behind me when I am driving, but we are getting 38 mpg on the highway, and 33 - 34 combined and fuel efficiency was our goal. One thing that really disturbed me was the engine noise produced at 60 - 65 mph. There is a very audible whine that sounds a lot like electrical feedback. We had the transmission replaced, but the noise never went away. The dealership claimed that it was just part of the 5 speed Sentra. To their credit, I test drove another Sentra yesterday and it whined too. It may not bother you, but check

MPG display, 5-speed, and gas mileage.

Fix that whine in 5th gear. I refuse to drive at 60 - 65 mph ever!