Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Should have, could have
By C Burns

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car considering the reputation the company has yet was and still am disappointed in the workmanship as well as the issues off the lot. I continually have a squeaking belt, my front rotors are warped which is like a bad idea of ABS brakes. The interior is noisy, the sound system seems to be getting worst. The car fails to smoothly shift between first and second gear and it is real easy to hit the shifter out of gear while going (automatic). And what is with my window always fogging up?

Gas mileage.

I know it is a poor folks car but maybe the company would gain a few life-long consumers if they put a bit more quality in it.

Hope you don't mind replacing rims
By lecount630

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

In the last two years I have spent $1100 to replace tires and rims. I bought two of these vehicles to save on fuel. The alloy rims and Firehawk tires are unfit for the road. I have replaced three rims and tires due to damage from normal driving, and recently found out a fourth needs to be replaced. I have owned 5 Sentras. These will be my last.

Exterior styling.

Cheap build quality of interior. Loose the low profile tires and put steel rims on the vehicle.

5th Gear Whine
By Fred

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I really liked the Sentra when we test drove it. It was small (I am 6'2 and 250 lbs) but was comfortable enough for me to drive. There is no room in the back seat behind me when I am driving, but we are getting 38 mpg on the highway, and 33 - 34 combined and fuel efficiency was our goal. One thing that really disturbed me was the engine noise produced at 60 - 65 mph. There is a very audible whine that sounds a lot like electrical feedback. We had the transmission replaced, but the noise never went away. The dealership claimed that it was just part of the 5 speed Sentra. To their credit, I test drove another Sentra yesterday and it whined too. It may not bother you, but check

MPG display, 5-speed, and gas mileage.

Fix that whine in 5th gear. I refuse to drive at 60 - 65 mph ever!

So many things to fix...
By meg

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Sentra for about 3 years and put 40k on it. I've replaced brakes, belts and a fuel pump and need tires. Blind spots are really bad. At 5'6" my legs hit the steering wheel if I try to drive while wearing any heel higher than 1". Loud road noise, heavy idle, jerks on acceleration.

The little holders all around the front dash.

Fix the mechanical defects, more legroom, it's impossible to put a cup over 12oz in the holder... it falls out because of the design.

Strike 2 w/ 28,000 miles
By Brian

2006 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have this car for 2.5 yrs, w/ 28k mi, 5 weeks ago the the serpentine belt went and last week a pulley seized and the belt went again. I am giving the car another shot because it's still relatively new and nissan has a good rep, but these parts shouldn't be needing replacement 28k into the life of the car. I have had 2 civics one w/ 187k and 156k when they died, they didn't have problems like this. I would spend the extra cash and get a civic.

Stereo on special edition, gas mileage since gas in NJ is about $3.80/gal

Cup holders in terrible spot, more leg room, I'm 6'3".