Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

No Problems
By Speed Bump

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Spec V with 400 miles. Now at 15,300 running premium gas as recommended and synthetic fuel. I average 25.8 mpg. Incredible little car that's extremely pleased me after owning a twin turbo Volvo and an 88 Supra n/a.

Peppy motor handling.

Ugly 17 inch wheels i'd prefer the 02-05 models, what's with down grading ?

Great Car
By Matt

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Sentra 1.8S Special Edition for a little over a year now. Made trips from Texas to Missouri and Texas to Maryland several times in it with no serious issues at all. My only complaint is the Stock alloy wheels aren't built very strong, I have had one bend due to normal driving. I just invested in a new set of 4 the same size. Other than that Ive had a rear speaker blow out and a backlight on the climate control dials go out (climate controls still worked just irritating to drive at night and not see the controls). Warranty replaced everything. Average 33 MPG. I am very happy with it.

MP3 player input. Stereo. Cruise control.

Stronger rim package

Good.
By Travis Austin

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My first real car out of college, living in the suburbs of Chicago and was in need of something that I didn't have to mess with. Corolla was the default choice, but I actually found this more manageable in the act of driving. Fuel economy is 40 going 55 mph, 35 at 65 mph, and around 33 on typical highway driving. For the size I feel the car could get a little better, but if you know how to drive for the sake of economy, it makes a significant difference. I have the low-end version and I think the stereo is fine. The drive is quite smooth, though admittedly I'm not entirely used to driving newer cars. Zippy. Smooth ride on the highway. Glad I have this.

It's a very classy exterior design. Fuel economy is solid. I find the drive pretty assertive. Very tight, smooth handling. So far no issues with the car in reliability terms, though I would recommend getting a warranty. MP3 jack was, sadly, a real selling point for me.

Intermittent noises drive the paranoia. I bought this used and a few bits and pieces aren't secured in place. A slightly cheap feel. But this is a cheap car. So one should expect that.

Thanks for the warranty
By Ron

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Had car 2 months bought it used 24,700 mile now 29,634. Took it to the dealer, had trouble starting, they called head gasket, thanks for the warranty no cost, gets great mileage 35. Like the car, I hope it has no more problems, brake are noisy.

gas mileage, S package, nice car

cup holders,

Wow
By Jfurton723

2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

So I bought this car after having a Cobalt SS. I loved that car and I wish I'd have kept it. I've put a hell of a lot of miles on it in the two years I've had it, but it hasn't held up to any standard whatsoever. I've had the a/c system replaced three times, the compressors are pieces of junk. The sub woofer for the Rockford system is made of paper so it's extremely easily blown. The standard brake package stinks. Honestly the only reason I got this car is because it was the only Sentra on the lot that had a factory moonroof in it. Oh, and watch out around 70,000 miles the motor mounts just randomly break.

The auxiliary port on the radio and the moonroof, but the gas mileage is good. I get an average of 33 miles to the gallon, so I can't complain about that.

Luckily for them mine is the last year they manufactured this body style. The brake system sucks, I should have gotten the Brembo package. The Continental ContiPro Contacts that came on it are horrible in the snow, rain or any slippery situation.