Used 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Shari is a treasure.
By Sandra Carlson

Treat her right.

Can't wait to get rid of this nightmare!
By doppelv

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2005 Sentra SE back in 2008, and the best decision I made was to get an extended warranty. Things break on this car that just shouldn't for the age and miles. My head gasket went out at 38K, my motor mounts all went out at 82K. I've had sensors randomly fail, causing the car to stall on the highway. Overall, I'm at the point where I'm just expecting it to break again at any time. If I could afford a new car, this thing would be gone in a heartbeat. It's a money pit, pure and simple, and the nightmare doesn't appear to be ending any time soon.

Decent gas mileage when the car works. That's about it.

Nissan needs to take responsibility for the issues that are so frequently reported. The Head Gasket needs a recall, as does the Crankshaft Sensor (for the 1.8 engine).

Been Pretty Reliable So Far
By myfirstnissan

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S since Feb. 2009. It had 58,000 miles on it when I bought it, and now has 122,000. Overall it has been a reliable car. In addition to the normal wear & tear stuff with any car you buy, I recently have had to change the rear struts, rotors & brake pads, left lower control arm, right tie rod end, and had an alignment. Overall, so far the car has been good to me.

Nissan Sentra
By emilya01

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my very first car, got it from a dealership used and with roughly 116,000 miles on it. I had the car for maybe a week and it started giving me trouble when I started it. It could sit for up to 5 or more hours and start fine but if it sat for 1 or 2 hours it would take 2 or 3 tries to get it to start up! Replaced the battery...wasn't it...replaced a battery cable...wasn't it. Finally got the fuel pump replaced...works great every since then! Only down fall was the price..$550 to replace! Other than this, I love the car and is great for a first car, small and rides great! Just make sure you have it looked over by a mechanic before you make your purchase(: hope this helps!

Storage above the radio

Larger consule between driver and passenger seat. Larger backseat space

VERY GOOD CAR
By johnnyboy11

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. I bought it 2 years ago from the dealership and it had 78,000 miles on it. I have had only one problem out of this car and that was the master window switch. I have kept my oil changed as well as all the other maintenance such as flushing out the radiator and the tranny. this car dont have the get up and go from a dead stop but once i get to around 50 mph, it will take off. i get anywhere from 33mpg to 38mpg in city depending on how i drive and have got 43 on the hwy. this car is going on 114,000 miles and is still running like a new one. i love this thing. i hit a ditch pretty hard and only broke a hub cap. is a very reliable small sedan. could not have done any better.

has a lot of storage space in the car.