Used 2005 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 131 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

my little white Nissan
By pboggs

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the car, and I have never been more happy with any purchase, as with this one. I absolutely love my little white Nissan Sentra. It drives like a dream, gets great mileage, and has room for my daughter in her seat in the back. And it has air conditioning. This was our first brand new car, and I don't want anything else, for a very long, long time. I may someday trade it in for a Pathfinder, but for nothing else. Thank you Nissan for helping us to get into this car. We love it.

The AC in the summer, and heater in the winter, and the stereo and cd player. And the shoulder harness in the middle of the back seat.

Only one improvement. I had a cd get stuck in the stereo/cd player, and now we are unable to us the cd player until i get it fixed, and I don't know if it's covered under the warranty. That shouldn't have happened in only 1 year.

Great for high miles
By great for high miles

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 300 miles a day on a route, mostly highway miles, and this Nissan performs very very well. On a good day, I can AVERAGE 40.58 mpg! The worst I got was 37 mpg. All with great power and really good comfort. I'd highly recommend this car to everyone, based on performance.

mpg, comfort, size for economy, looks

not very good resale, trade-in value, remote entry not very good, not enough back seat room, easily spotted and targeted by birds

Great Car to Own
By David

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I purchased this car I was not looking for anything specific. The great gas mileage caught my eye and after seeing the 300W stereo I was sold. I drive my car mostly around the city but have taken many trips out of town. It handles great on corners and has good acceleration for the engine size. The seats are very comfortable but the back seat could use a little more room. Overall the car is a little smaller than other 4 door sedans. For the price and the included features I thinks its the best value you can get.

300W 9 Speaker Rockford Fosgate 7 Disc CD player W/MP3 hookup - Sporty look (Grille,Rims,Spoiler) - Gas Milage -

More back seat space

nice but id pass on it
By pelt

2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

i would have enjoyed this vehicle if it weren't making this humming noise when going slow or approaching a stop. i took it to the dealership 9 times and they could not fix the problem. they apologized many times. but dealing with nissan has now been the worst experience ever. the car would have been great but still makes some strange noise.

love the design inside around the drivers area, i have the sport vspec model, i wouldn't have purchased anything less then that..

braking system needs improvement. noises my car make seem related to it..

Built to last
By Drive it

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Best buy for the money, compare all prices and you will buy the Nissan because of value and dependability. Nissan makes the best engine, period. After you drive your Sentra 320,000 miles you may find it uncomfortable, THEN BUY A NEW ONE, technology changes. I have driven three (3) Sentras for a total of 420,000 miles without an engine service light coming on, this should tell you something. Both of my daughters now own Nissans. I feel better knowing that they are safer, and in a dependable vehicle.

Automatic lighting allows you to find keys and to exit car. Remote trunk opener. Power windows and locks included in the low price. Dependable, dependable,dependable.

Wife wants more colors to choose from. Put cup holders on glove box door.