Used 2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

the b man
By The B Man

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Sentra now has 64k miles and the only problem I've ever had was the seat material that ripped 4 times and I has it replaced under Nissan's warranty. The back seat is so tight that you should consider offering someone a ride back there. The 30 MPG on the highway is great and it works great for me, since I just use this car on my daily commute. Cheap and reliable transportation.

Economic reliable

More room in the back seat

Not a terrible car
By herb45

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I already have a new car, but started a new job and drive 43 miles one way. So I bought a 2004 Sentra with 55,800 miles on it to keep the miles off the new one and thought it would be a great car. Well, the mileage is great, 25 mpg city/37 mpg hwy. Great for an automatic. I have had to have quite a few things replaced, as it was a repo. I only paid 5400 for the car, but have had to replace gas tank seal, alternator belt/pulley, crankshaft & camshaft sensors, and had to order dye for the carpet & upholstery (special order), as I am trying to make the car look as nice as possible. I just hope I won't have to replace anything for a while. I did manage to drive about 2000 miles before the sensors were replaced.

Gas mileage, open engine bay, quiet engine

Better seat materials, get rid of the"turn the engine to the run position, count to five, then start" syndrome, squealing brakes.

Love it so far
By Jewey

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Well worth the money. Very strong 4 cyl. Bought mine used and am very satisfied. Replaced battery and a tire, that's it. Great gas mileage.

None

I am sorry that I bought this car
By CFF

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new because it had been recommended to me as a reliable car. Well, those who told me that were wrong. I hate this car. It has had problems from the moment I bought it. The catalytic converter has been replaced 5 times! They have replaced the belts over and over because there is a squeaking sound that can't be figured out. Yesterday it completely died and a costly repair is needed. I wish I could throw this car away!! There is no room in the backseat or the trunk. I can barely fit a car seat in it. I did not like getting stranded on the side of the road with my 7 month old on a 100 degree day. I will never buy a Nissan again.

mileage

everything else.

A Summary of Nissan Sentra Experience
By kapes13

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Vehicle was purchased with 24K miles and has needed serpentine belt replacement, has had 2 recalls all new exhaust and catalytic converter be sure and get fixed on recall, needed ECM reprogram on recall. BAD PROBLEM had fuel shoot out the nozzle, this is the Vent Control Valve needs to be replaced. Mine also has the starting issues and had to modify battery terminals. Also will not eject CD and there has been an onset of dropped mileage since exhaust replacement. Now car has 69,000, trying to take care of it so it will drive 200K, we will see. The car is okay I guess, please heed these issues.

Was great on mileage but since recall replacement mileage is sketchy somewhat reliable if you watch it great power and handling for 4 cylinder like that.

More room in back seat. We will see if the car goes the distance so many Nissan owners claim they run 200K I will try with this one for sure not hopeful right now.