Used 2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Nissan
By Bao

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 170K on it. everything is still good, but the starter is hard to start. I have a friend who drives the same car and they have the same problem. I'm not sure if this problem only exist in nissan sentras or other nissan as well. This is my first car so i don't really find it annoying. However, i will NEVER buy this car again and i do not recommend anyone to buy it.

none

Starter!

Very reliable car
By Theron

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it new and have always enjoyed it. I purchased it for economy and reliability and it has not disappointed me. These cars have very good trade-in value and are even good to keep as a commuter.

Simple style and shape of the body. Color (radium). AC keyless entry. Mileage. Low maintenance.

Great Little Compact
By Erin in Indy

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2004. I was downgrading quite a bit, so it took some time to get used to it. But other than my 'snobbishness' to it originally, it's been a great little car. I have over 100K miles on it, have driven it from IN to TX and to FL a couple times, plus a 60 mile commute for work everyday. I've had very little trouble with it mechanically. Had an engine issue a couple yrs after I bought it, but that was covered under my warranty. Otherwise only normal things like new tires and brakes. It's been comfortable on long road trips. I wouldn't want to sit in the back for very long but then I again, I don't have to. :)

Reliability and gas mileage! I hated watching filling my car go from $17 to $30 when the gas prices went up, but I wasn't taking near the hit my SUV driving friends were. :)

On my particular model I hate the tail lights. This may have already been improved but to be honest my car is paid off and I'm going to drive it until the wheels fall off so I don't look at cars too much these days unless they are truly impressive, dream type cars. :)

Love this little car!
By Rach

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love love this car! NO PROBLEMS at all. Definitely recommended. Cute exterior and drives well even at 60+ miles per hour.

Aux outlet, stereo, basically everything! love this car.

Backseat size, cup holder area

All in all, not bad.
By KMP

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Power steering fluid leaks. I have to keep checking and topping up when necessary. Makes a squeaky noise on the driver's side, front end as I drive over bumps (speed bumps). Makes a squealing noise under the hood, mostly on wet days. CD player didn't want to give back a CD. I had to take it to the dealership. They replaced the CD Player but didn't return my CD. The trunk release no longer works from inside the car nor does the remote control open it.