Used 2004 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 256 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Oil Well Wanted
By Annointed

2004 Nissan Sentra 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car after dealership replaced catalytic convertor due to an engine code began using oil at an alarming rate-a quart every 6-700 miles. They don't know why and are putting me through hoops doing an "oil consumption test" that will take months to complete the way they want to do it. Meanwhile I have a car I can't trust to take far from home. Very sorry I purchased a Nissan.

So angry right now I can't think of too many positives!

Service needs to be more vigilant finding the source of engine problems and quicker to remedy them.

Car has some problems
By chris713

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car is decent for the money but comes with some problems. Car won't start on the first try sometimes. Sometimes it starts, then dies. Drives fine though. CD player won't eject my CD. Gas mileage not up to expectations.

The color. "Vibrant Blue" looks awesome on the car.

Cupholders are awfully placed. Better interior plastics. Get rid of the gigantic emblem on the grill

Declared a Lemon
By Edward

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

With this vehicle, I REALLY feel that I am being ripped off since the reliability has dipped WAY below zero in my book, and there were times that I felt Hyundais were better cars until I read worse reviews. Either way, I could've had my Buick repaired for the price of 1-3 loan payments instead of paying $320/month for an unreliable piece of junk that I had to tow twice, stall on the freeway and lose a job over the refusal to provide loaner cars. I had to bring in the car 8 times within the last year for ECU, brakes and transmission issues, and I sincerely thank the BBB for helping me win a Lemon Law settlement!

Only the fact that it got me from point A to point B, but that was about it until I feared for my life when it stalled on the freeway.

Don't skimp on design and materials (e.g. spare tire cover that snapped, stain-magnet seats, cupholders that can't accomodate larger cups without leaning/spilling), needs more interior space, better acceleration and IMPROVE QUALITY CONTROL; this car is giving Nissan a bad name!

2004 sentra 2.5 sedan
By c avnyin

2004 Nissan Sentra 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

after owning a corolla and civic both 1.8's I test drove the 2004 sentra 1.8. not much difference between all of them. Then I test drove the sentra 2.5 what a pleasure This car really moves. tons of power. A pleasure to drive. I bought it last June and so far no problems For the price I paid it was a bargain I couldn't pass up

The 2.5 comes with a stero upgrade with a cd and a subwoofer. An excellent system for a small car It also has a aux jack for those that have I Pods It has abs brakes leather wrapped steering wheel alloy wheels plus other options thrown in.

The sentra is a stylish car but the rear trunk and lights need to be re designed.

Horrible Purchase
By Horrible Car

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Within the first year I owned this car, the drive belt had to be replaced and was on back order which tells me this is a common problem with this vehicle, I had to have the cd player replaced because it wouldn't eject my cd, and I have had problems with it starting. The dealership told me it had a "10 second start". That does explain why it tries to start and dies. I will never buy a Nissan again. I encourage all others to take my experience into consideration.

Build a reliable vehicle.