Used 2002 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 242 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Nothing flashy, but great reliable ride
By Jason

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought back in 09/02 and the only issue I've come across is the parking brake light won't go out (happened around 50k mi) - Other than that it's been extremely reliable. It was -30 degrees here in MN not to long ago for about a week and it started fine every morning like a champ. Ride is smooth.

Reliability, ride, value.

More power. It drives like a 4cyl.. which is to be expected, but it doesn't have a lot of gitty up.

So-so car
By Blackout

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Car had several recalls. Fun to drive. A nightmare to change brakes on. Definitely need snow tires in the winter if you want to drive in any snow.

Okay car--I just expected better
By BecGood

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Like other reviewers, I passed up a civic for this car. I thought it would be a good choice. I'm not pleased with the gas mileage (22 mpg in the city, and 30 mpg on the highway). My heat also works only on the highest setting so I'm either really cold or really hot. I've also noticed that this car handles really poorly in the wind--I was blown into oncoming traffic once!! And who can forget the paint job--the top coat is peeling in several locations.

It's a comfy car, I like the keyless entry, and trunk size.

Better gas mileage and reliability

Love my Sentra!
By Keith

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this care new with the upgraded Synergy Package and used it for service, I have had it 4 years and have 150k plus miles on it. I have no no problems with it, but the transmission does chirp from second to third gear shifts up and down both, but it hasn't affected the performance of it. I run it hard and its been a wonderful car, I haven't even changed the plugs in it yet. It eats front brakes up about every 35k but I want to keep it and put 400k on it!

Performance, style, economy

better left leg, legroom for driver, maybe meatier seats for us that drive a lot

Just on the way home
By Hayjaymom

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car and the drive home was amazing. I am so excited about taking this baby for more rides. I'm so glad I bought it!

Corners like its tight to the ground, picks up the pace quite swiftly, gas milage is better than my isuzu, It's new.

Light up the automatic shifting area so you can see what gear your in when it is dark.