Used 2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Best car ever
By Nissan

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

i love my 2002 Nissan Sentra. I am the first owner and in 8 years i have not even had one problem. The car has 120,000 km on it.It burns so little gas. It is fast and powerful and very reliable. This year i am planing to buy a new 2010 nissian sentra. I also love the way the car looks with a spoiler. I have never had a better car. I've had a Ford Fairlane and a Ford Thunderbird. This car is the best, I even pull a small trailer.

everything

more room in the back seat.

Stunning reliability
By Togoshiman

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Passed 150,000kms this week. Nothing has gone wrong with this car in nine years of continuous operation. While regular maintenance has helped, I'm astonished that I have done nothing but tires, oil changes, brake pads and a new oil dipstick the entire time. Nissan has been quick about recalls - the throttle issues seem limited to those who fail to heed the recalls. I don't baby the car at all - cars are meant to be driven. It's been on dirt roads to cottage country and through nine Canadian winters with salted roads without rust (save for one muffler bracket which was replaced for $60). While the design is showing its age and it's no luxury car, I am very impressed overall.

Light weight and good gearing make the most of the modest engine. Very peppy around town. Simple design makes a dependable and easy-to-drive car year in and year out. Fuel economy is fine for compact car, but not class leading. Nissan engineering quality is amazing overall, even if not flashy.

Suspension is skittish and punishing on rough roads. Four speed auto drones at highway speed. Design is very conservative and economy-minded, but holds up well over time. Expensive custom faceplate needed to change stereo. For the vintage, an excellent vehicle overall, however, and good value.

Miss my Sentra =(
By Renee

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this Sentra, my first car, certified-used at a dealer. Aside from the fact that I paid way too much for it because of the financing, this is a solid car! Don't let anyone tell you it's bottom of the line! Not a whole ton of horsepower but it gets it done. Gave me no problems until just before 100K, then a couple little things popped up. (Spark plugs, fuel flush, nothing you can't do yourself) I drove this car everywhere. Florida and Canada were no problem! Kept up with oil changes and changed the brakes once. She never failed me. Got totaled just before Halloween, she might be the best car I'll ever have!

Everything.

Make it a little less bland-looking.

All around good car!
By Nicole1129

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my sentra with 22,000 miles on it when it was two years old.It was just in an accident and she was totaled (and I walked away unscathed) but I miss having it, I should buy another one! This is an extremely reliable car, and would suggest it to anyone!

The body style is cute and the size of the car makes it easy to whip around in.

I found that it didn't do to well in the snow.

1st nissian
By mickey0104

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

never had one prob with car in 5 years just change the oil every 3-6 months. well had one issue but it was with windows electric

great on gas

better body, bumpers are plastic get dinged really easy