Used 2001 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Great Little car
By apples

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new and it has been a wonderful car for my wife. The size is ideal for city driving. It now has 41000 miles on it and all we had to do was replace breaks, tires and recently a spark plug coil. Also had to replace the radio as water from the AC shorted it out. Basically it has been a good car for the money.

Styling.

Nightmare!
By jada07

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Unfortunately, luck was not on my side with this car. I bought the car 2 years old with 40,000 miles. A year into it, the computer died (52,000 miles), the brakes are awful and continuously replaced, the paint is poor quality and started to chip within the first 2 or 3 years I had it. I do not feel comfortable taking it on long trips alone, as it is very unreliable. Gas mileage is good, but I'd trade it in for my old '93 accord any day!

Gas mileage

Needs more comfortable seats and an increase in overall quality.

Love this car
By Elise

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car since my 16th birthday. I bought it brand new with only 4 miles on it. Still to this day, 8 years later, it drives amazing. I have driven it across country multiple times and treated it poorly, despite that this car has been a trooper. It has never broken down on me. The only things I have had to replace 150000 later are the tires, car battery, and a fuse fro the headlight which was $6. I love this car. It's very reliable and I couldn't have asked for a better deal and even though it has been paid off now for 3 years it is still running great and I have no car payment. This car is a real keeper and I hope my next car is as tough as this one.

reliable, comfy, large inside, decent trunk, safe, great gas mileage, and decent looking

a little on the slower side.

Nissan Sentra, A great buy!
By skutte

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has stolen my heart with its reliability. My car has 180,000k and it still runs like a new car. The only trouble i had was replacing the breaks and the rotors because the breaks had no squeakers. The Nissan Sentra is a great buy.

The gas mileage. 36 mpg

Fix the mirrors on the visors.

Reliable Car
By Gilrich

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my 2001 Nissan Sentra 2.0, because its easy to maintain and repair. So far it has odometer reading of 160,000 and its still running and sound the same as I bought it 7 years ago. For seven years, I already changed 2 rear hub assembly, fan resistor and 4 tires. I recommend this car, its very reliable if you maintain it regularly. I run average of 120kms everyday and it never gave me headache even a single day.