Used 2001 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Love My Sentra SE
By Bryan

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 01 Sentra with 53815 miles on it and I have had no problems whatsoever to date. The motor pulls strong and the acceleration is great from a 4 cylinder. The SR20DE motor has tons of available aftermarket performance products and the body is beautiful in black.

Sunroof, sr20de engine, 16 inch wheels, seats, flip up dashboard compartment, seven speaker stereo system.

None, perfect the way it is.

Best in class
By Manny

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With over 77,000 the car still runs like new. Only replaced the brakes once on front and once on rear. I followed all suggested maintenance on the car and just switched to Mobil 1 synthetic and now the engine feels like new again. I have a SRI intake, racing header and 2.5" cat-back exhaust and the car gets about 33mph average. This is THE best car I have ever owned, second best was my '89 240SX.

Strong engine, solid transmition, limited slip differential works awesome. Car is really fun to drive and puts a smile on my face everytime I press the gas.

Headlights made out of glass would have been nice, the plastic headlights have turned really hazy due to sunlight. ABS and side impact air bags should have been standard on car. On my black car they really cheaped out on the paint of the bumpers and mirrors.

nice car
By josy g

2001 Nissan Sentra SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

only a few more payments and she's mine. nice car to drive. always enjoyed nissan cars, four wheel discs, 16 inch tires spoiler and more. looks fine.

four wheel disc,big tires.

more chrome not plastic.

Pretty Decent
By Tom

2001 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for about 8 months now. It replaced a 1990 Ford Escort so by comparison I love it. It's only given me a few small problems, dipstick breaking, not the best power windows, and a rattling noise that my mechanic tells me is nothing serious, just an unimportant loose part. I don't usually drive around that many people so the lack of room in the back isn't that big of a deal for me. The people that have ridden back there are usually fine as long as the person in front of them is forgiving.

Sound system, inner and outer looks, and a fairly roomy trunk with a good opener. Good gas mileage, even with how fast I drive.

Better power windows, power locks that work with keys, as in when you turn the key to unlock twice it unlocks all the doors and likewise for locking. Kind of wishing I got the sporty version.

2001 nissan sentra CA
By Kenneth Finucane

2001 Nissan Sentra CA 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

MY California car did great until about 44K- when the catalytic converter went out. At 52K the converter went out again, this time my car has been in the shop for over 5 weeks! Nisian said the part had to be made, then on backorder, (there were only a few hundred made of the CA sentra model). The truth is that the CA model with its 3 catalytic design just does not work- the car has run lean from the get go- what this means is that eventually the valves will permaturely fail- they are starting to go already, i pulled the spark plugs before i took to the dealler and could see detonation on the tips- not good.It seems Nissan received some form of insentive to try 3 catalytic system.

fuel economy,drivers seat is comfortable

get rid of the 3 catalytic system, increase 20HP, 16" tires should be standard, cruise should be standard,spoiler should be standard, add a few inches to the rear seat.if you are over 160lbs and taller than 5'8" you will not like the back seat.