Used 1994 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

great safety
By DJarnigan

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

We purchased the car for the mpg since it was primarly used to & from work & shopping. Even after how old it was we still got on adverage 35 mpg. Coming home it was hit head on by a pontiac grand prix. The engine was still running and had to be turned off. The injury to the driver was a lot less than what was on the other driver with only a broken arm and ankle. We never would have thought that such an economical car would be built so well

mpg, cheap auto care, solid construction

If you're over 5 10, you will be cramped even with the wheel tilted and the seat back. If you are under 5 8 to as short as 5ft the car will fit even as a manual

40 mpg is Fun!
By Traveler

1994 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

My 1994 GXE Sentra is the most reliable car I've ever owned! It now has 85,000 miles, and only the alternator, and starter have been replaced, aside from the usual, tires, batteries, and brakes (it eats front disk pads). I have the smaller 1.6 liter, which is adequate, but the 2.0 would have been better in my Rocky Mountain area. 32City/41Hwy without a/c at 65. With a/c about 38mpg highway. Paint still looks great after 12 years. Transmission is smooth. Tip: keep auto in "Drive" for city use (off freeways) for better acceleration, and engine braking if you live in hilly areas. Back seat in/out is very poor, but comfort is OK considering it's a Sentra. My next car will be a newer Sentra!

Spunky, fuel efficient engine Nice appearance. A/C cools the interior in about 2 minutes! Reliable except for brakes, and electrical components. "American made" in Tennessee. Fun to drive...like a go-kart around mountain hairpins! If you live in, or west of the Rockies, get bigger engines!

More power. More rear seat room, and better in/out. Improve factory original alternator, starters. Both failed under 70,000 miles!

looks like a paper boat, but runs great!
By Andrew

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

I bought my 94 Sentra with 119,000 miles as a get-to-work car, and have had problems only with wearable items. The clutch was replaced at 125,000 miles, brakes cleaned and one slow leak in a tire but other than that no problems. Put some work into it to get better perfomance, but it only does so much for the little engine. Gas mileage is excellent. I get roughly 40 MPG in 5th. Handles good in the snow. I drive this car without mercy, it hasn't faltered yet. I've put over 17,000 miles on it in six months and it holds up good. Oil changes are very easy, many original parts still under the hood holding up great. Basic maintenance is all i need, i.e. oil change, coolant, etc. Awesome little car!

Manual transmission uses well chosen gear ratios. The driver's seat is very comfortable, the cup holders are in perfect reach. The cruise control is definitely the favorite feature.

Side mirrors could be a little bit larger, and the manual shifter could be smoother. The exterior design could be a little less boxy.

1994 1/2 Nissan Sentra-LE
By Gerry Walter

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

I have enjoyed my Nissan Sentra LS so much that for the first time in my life I have kept the same car for 11 years. It is fun to drive, comfortable, and has a very small turning radius. The brakes had to be replaced sooner than I anticipated, but overall I had few problems mechanically. The refrigeration and heating systems are still topnotch.

Power windows and door locks including childproof locks on both. Guage positioning. Overall look of the car.

If it hasn't been improved, the body integrity of small items such as rolled door insulating foam strips coming loose. Brakes.

10 year max life
By Kay

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

After my car was almost 10 years old, the paint began to peel and my visor had a worn spot. I was very attached to my car, but no more! The last 4 months have cost me about $300 each month! That is a car payment. I keep thinking "after this is fixed, I have another year" but that is WRONG! I am heartbroken after the care and maintenance I paid for!

I love the seat's lower lumbar support. I have yet to sit in a more perfect and comfortable seat...and I've been in a lot of cars!

The cup holders are in a horrible place. The only other external feature is the paint having a 10 year life. The parts have just worn out!