Used 1994 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Best $400 car i own A/c Even works
By kj4aqv

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

Wonderful car great on gas 30 miles o the gallon with a/c on. Just put a wheel bearing on the front. I am the 3rd owner and the first owner include all the maintains records, car was serviced every 3000 to 5000 miles wih a new air filter twice a year. Second ower got car from a gift from her sister the first owner and did not maintain the car very good for the year she had it, but she put new rotors and brakes on it and drove it with a bad wheel bearing (ouch) and a oil change probly and that was probly it. Great used price $400.00 for 1994.5 Nissan sentra limited edition. With 175,000 miles and ice cold a/c, who ever heard of a working a/c on a 400 dollar car.

runs smooth, the automatic seat belts

More power for the hills + the a/c on at the same time.

It just runs and runs and runs ...
By radiobum

1994 Nissan Sentra E 2dr Coupe

This is by far the most economical car I have ever owned! My sister bought this Sentra new and sold it to me with 100k miles on it in 2000. I've driven it over another 100k and it just runs and runs. Always starts on the first try, will cruise comfortably at 80+ MPH all day long and gets 35-40 MPG depending on how hard I push it. It's unconditionally reliable. Give it regular oil and filter changes and it just runs and runs. I use it for work, driving 100-200 miles a day including driving up dirt roads to mountaintop radio sites and it just won't quit.

Fun to drive on twisty roads. Cruises great on freeways. Heater and A/C are excellent. 1.6L engine has enough power for me, never gets hot no matter how hard I push it and at 208k has needed nothing except routine maintenance.

The burgundy paint clearcoat started peeling about 5 years ago and looks pretty ratty now. I may have to break down and get it repainted, as I plan to keep this car for a while yet. Trunk has a slight water leak that I haven't been able to eliminate.

Great First Car
By dljohns43

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

This was the first car I ever bought, and it was a great choice. I have had to repair a lot of things on it, including the clutch, paint, alternator (more than once), locks and a door. Most repairs were needed due to previous owner's neglect, so not all require so many repairs. This car has gotten me through a lot and the gas mileage is by far the best thing about it. I average 35-40 mpg. This is a great car for a teenager, because it can withstand a lot of use and abuse with relatively low repair costs and affordable insurance.

Gas mileage, low cost maintenance, reliable transportation

Cup holders, some electrical malfunctions, some interior designs have not held up over time

Good Qualtiy
By Kevin

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

I bought my Sentra new in 1994. I have always maintained at or before factory recommendations. My Sentra currently has 230,000 miles on it and still runs great. With the exception of an alternator and CV joints haven't had too many problems. I change the brakes regularly (which are cheap) so haven't had to replace rotors yet. Great little car; I plan to hit 250,000 this year.

Good design

A little under powered.

Great car
By jon

1994 Nissan Sentra Limited 4dr Sedan (1994.5)

This car was purchased used 123000 miles now has 218000 miles and still going strong. Tough little car.. My family said if it still runs with me driving it has to be a great vehicle. Only one problem since purchase, alternator problem. Other than this, can't complain about this little jewel.