2017 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Disappointing
By Bo

2017 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I always want to buy a Rogue. And finally got a chance to drive one from Hertz's rental. Here is my honest review, Very disappointing . 2017 Rogue S AWD ( 24000 miles) is very road NOISY, tire noises and wind noises. The riding is roughed, it feels like riding a military Jeep. It produces clunky sounds when riding over small bumps and you can feel it hard. This Rouge lacks comfort, even the seats are hard . The acceleration is weaks but acceptable do to 4 cyl , you can't expect this to move like 4 cyl sedan like the Nissan Altima. Don't get me wrong, I like the Exterior and interior looks. Interior design (instruments and dashboard) I give it an A- , but the rear backup camera's screen should be 4×7 standard. I do love blind side assist and working properly. My 2007 Nissan Altima hybrid with 244600.00 miles is riding better than this Rogue, accelerates faster, smoother rides and a lot less noise when driving. I know I shouldn't compare SUV with a sedan. But my points is that this is 2017 and only 24000.00 miles compare to my Altima ( 2.5, 4 cyl) is 11 years older and with 244600.00 miles. My Altima hybrid never had a single tune up. Yes still original spark plugs and the rest of major mechanical parts . Check engine light came on twice when the hybrid bettery died at 175000 miles and oxygen sensor bad. I don't know how this Rogue will holds up when it hits high milage. Conclusion, I personally will not buy this Rogue because is SO NOISY and CLUNKY.

Safe driver for Mom
By John Walters

2017 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

For some reason this vehicle always gets underrated by the supposed experts. Despite that, sales figures would argue many consumers would disagree as the Rouge has become a very popular seller. This 2017 SL is my second Rouge having stepped up from the 2015 SV. This has lots more tech and safety features. Simple little things like the divide-n-hide rear storage make this a pleasure loading groceries as it helps keep them in place. The ride is superb for a short wheelbase vehicle and the creature comforts numerous. The all around camera system is a plus but the image could be better. The build seems pretty good and the materials better than expected for the price category it's in. Gas consumption is quite good averaging 27/28 MPG for mostly country driving. The engine is somewhat underpowered, the CVT works hard at keeping it in the right RPM range for max power when needed. That becomes one of the knocks against the vehicle. Personally I didn't buy the vehicle to haul a trailer or for its street rod capability. Its just a great family hauler that does just about everything well.

Like driving a helicopter
By Chad

2017 Nissan Rogue SV w/Prod. End 04/17 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this vehicle used in Mt Pleasant, SC. The previous owner was justified in trading it in. Overall the Rogue looks good and has some good features, but at 26k miles Ive already had 2 wheel bearings fail, 2 warped rotors, and theres a loud gyrating sound in the rear end at 40mph. Its sounds like Im driving a helicopter. Ive personally put less than 400 miles on the vehicle. The dealership has not been able to figure out the cause. Its still under warranty, but I cant seem to enjoy due to the road noise while driving to the service department. Ive had other Nissans and never had a problem, but if your in the market for a Rogue, make sure you dont get a noisy one like me. Will continue to take to the dealership in effort to resolve, but I personally feel it is an inferior product that needs major work and dont have a good feeling about it getting resolved without multiple trips to the dealer. Charleston, SC

2017 Caspian Blue SL
By StevenAC

2017 Nissan Rogue SL w/Prod. End 04/17 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I absolutely love my Rogue. When I was car shopping late last year , I had read several reviews on the Rogue as well as several of the competitors in this class. I then set out to test drive my choices. They were the Honda CR-V , Toyota RAV4 , Subaru Forrester , and the Nissan Rogue.Most American made competitors didn’t make the cut mostly due to high cost and sub par reliability history. The Only consideration was the Ford Escape , but the comparable cost was not competitive. It’s way overpriced. In my test drives , I was least hopeful and most pleasantly surprised by the Rogue. I had read so many poor reviews based on the Rogues performance , acceleration and the cvt. The one I had the highest hopes for was the Crv. I drove it first. Didn’t care for the looks too much , wierd horizontal protruding taillights (vertical pillars are a crv classic, why change that?) as for the Subaru and the Toyota , I was really unimpressed. They were plain , bland and even felt kind of cheaply made. The brand new rav4 I drove even creaked like a 10 year old car does idk if I just got a bad one , but it sounded as if the interior was coming apart anytime I hit a bump on the road. No bueno. Finally after a week of test drives , I made my way to the Nissan dealer and stepped into a beautiful caspian blue Rogue SL and fell in love...This is a beautiful vehicle. The interior in very high end , soft touch durable surfaces that don’t look,sound or feel cheap at all. My niece owns a Lexus is250 (beautiful car) and my Rogues interior rivals or bests it. I have had people walk away stunned after riding in it with me . Comparing it to BMWs and a Benz in one case. Not only does it look great and is it beautifully aggressively designed, but it runs like a dream. Super comfortable and loaded with safety and technology . As for its acceleration , ok it could be a little stronger but the amazing gas mileage I am getting more than supercedes this minor issue. I have had no issues at all passing slugs in traffic or merging quickly onto a busy highway. I feel some gear heads think all vehicles have to perform like a Ferrari. For the person buying a family runaround vehicle for weekend road trips and grocery runs , the performance is perfect. As for the cvt , if you want a traditional transmission , then do your homework, there are plenty of options out there for you. I love the cvt. It performs better than most and this particular one works great for Nissan. Even somewhat mimics a traditional transmission for those that aren’t open to NEW technology, (crazy). Know what you are buying people!...All that said, I couldn’t be any happier. I LOVE my Rogue. Don’t be fooled by “professional” reviews. Drive it yourself be your own professional. I relate more to Consumer reviews as we are the ones driving and living with these vehicles on a daily basis. “PROs” step into a vehicle once for maybe 30 mins and seem to have ALL the( sometimes very Honda/Toyota biased ) answers. Trust me people there are better options out there. The Nissan Rogue...

My car is possessed
By sava-Marie

2017 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The radio, phone, hatchback and electronics do and work when they want to