2017 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Happy after year one
By Mike L.

2017 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Rogue is a great value for the money. I usually hold on to my vehicles for 10 years or more, so far I can see this happening with my Rogue.

Midnight Rogue- navigation issues 2018
By Sue

2017 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Saddly the first of many returns to dealership- navigation keeps crashing and freezing. Unit replaced new unit crashed after 13 days. Softwear techs came to evaluate. Was ok for 12 days. Now completely frozen- no nav no ability to use any feature nav/hands free apps - terrible. Nissan cooperate- really disappointing- no sense of urgency. Loaner cars NO NAVIGATION- after multiple nissans. You never really know the worth of a company till something goes wrong. Car in driveway - hopeless. Car is 4 months old!!!

Revvy Rogue Really Rocks
By LonestarBabs

2017 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I downsized from a Jeep Grand Cherokee to my 2017.5 Rogue SL. I hadn't owned a Nissan since 1988 and boy was I impressed with this Rogue! I happened to be test-driving several pre-owned vehicles (different makes and models) and tried a new Rogue. I was hooked. The car is zippy despite my concerns about a 4 cyl engine -- I accelerate quickly and smoothly for freeway driving and have never felt short of power. Yes, there's a little whine as it winds up for 1st gear but it's not tinny for harsh. I love the big sunroof, gas mileage, BOSE sound system, and the safety features. The interior is comfortable and pretty quiet, although could use more soundproofing on the driver's door -- too much road noise there for my liking and I sometimes doublecheck to make sure my door is closed all the way. I wish the front seats were a bit wider (or perhaps I wish I was narrower) because every now and then I accidentally bump the rocker switch for the seat warmer. I wish the console storage was forward a few more inches for easier reach. I like the convertible cargo area -- handy on grocery day to have that divider in place and have a double-decker of secured items! The interior scratches easily in the cargo compartment (the plastic) and I've discovered there is no touchup paint. The controls are all easily within reach and the car is easy to maneuver. Overall I'm very pleased with this car. Wish I could have afforded the AWD model, but that will have to be part of my next purchase. This car is just the right size for my needs, has all the bells and whistles I want, and is fun to drive! It's comfortable, solid, and has been problem-free in the first year of ownership. I don't like the factory tires and can't wait to change those out, and the dealer-added window tint is a tad too dark for nighttime visibility but overall I love my Rogue and smile when I buckle up! On the highway I get about 33-34 mpg, and combined city/highway I get about 28 mpg. I'm satisfied with the fuel economy.

awesome car!
By eli

2017 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I leased this car about a year ago I haven't had too bring it into the mechanic yet. amazing safety feutures with great interior comfort , the leg space is great the down parts about this car is that the accelaration is getting worse every time I drive and is aging a bit quick but overall a good car for the price you pay

High rpm when accelerating
By YB

2017 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I brought 2017 rogue s (8,559 M) on Aug 2018 at Nissan dealership. My problem is that rpm goes up 3000 when accelerating to go into traffic, even I speed up only 40 mph in local. It sounds very noises and feels like not speeding up. But dealer said it is normal. Did I buy lemon? I am really depressed.