Used 2016 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2016 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

26,000 Needs New Transmission!
By Unhappy Owner

2016 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My Nissan Rogue has been making a whining noise when you accelerate. Brought to dealership today, after owning just a little over a year, and it needs a completely new transmission at 26,000 miles! Never again!

Early impressions.
By DH

2016 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Current technology.

Suspension Problems - Buyers Beware!!!
By Alyce

2016 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Less than 1,000 miles on the vehicle and I start hearing loud popping noises when turning. The first time I take the vehicle back to the dealer they tell me it's a known problem and they are waiting on Nissan USA for a technical bulletin. Fast forward to today, I've got around 25K miles and have had my suspension fixed 3 times for the same popping noise. The vehicle has a hard idle and the headlines vibrate, which is unpleasant to watch while you are sitting in traffic. I wish that I had never purchased this vehicle and seriously considering dumping it before the factory warranty has expired.

What did they do to my Rogue?
By christine mcgee

2016 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This was not my first Rogue. I previously leased a 2013 Rogue which I was But the worst in love with. It was a high quality solid suv. The seats were comfortable and the size was just perfect for me. I never had a single problem, but in all fairness the mileage on the 2013 was not as good as the 2016. When I turned it in at the end of the lease it only had 12,000 miles on it because i had 2 major surgeries that left my Rogue sitting in the driveway over winter for about 8 weeks one time and 4 weeks the second time. I was ve surgury tempted to buy it but instead I let the salesman talk me into leasing the "all new" redesigned Rogue. Biggest mistake of my life. It was larger but felt bulky to me with those flared out fenders and the drivers headrest still bothers me as far as my comfort goes. But the worst is yet to come. I leased in spring so I really didn't need the heater. The first time I did It didn't work. A freezing cold day and no heat! I drove immediately to the dealership and cancelled my appointment I had been headed to. They replaced whatever part it was and said this has been happenning to some Rogues. Not what I wanted to hear. Then another glitch in the summer. the passanger window refused to go back up. I had to physically force it by pushing on the window button and yanking upwards inch by inch. Of course when I took it to the dealers it magically didn't do it, it worked just fine for them. Now my biggest complaint. I had knee replacement surgery in January and the Rogue sat in the driveway for 3 weeks. I got into my vehicle for the first time after my surgery to go to physical therapy and when I put it in reverse to pull out of my driveway I heard a very loud thump. As I continued to drive it continued to thump loudly, but I could not cancel my appointment this time and it was close to my house. As I drove home the thump got quieter , I looked under the car when I got home to see if something was caught under there or maybe it was ice build up. I am an older woman and know nothing about cars. I waited a couple days because I had to work then took it to the dealership on my first day off. Now here comes the shocker. They told me the rear brakes were completely rusted out and had to be replaced which warranty does NOT cover. I was really upset and argued the Rogue is only a year old, less than 10,000 miles, this never happenned to my 2013 which sat for months and had even less mileage, etc. In general I made a scene. The sevicewoman said I can show you your rusted out brakes, you don't drive enough, parts are made cheaper now, they put something in the road salt this year, she had every excuse in the book. I am not a total dummy, if any of that were true, most lf the cars sitting in their lot would have rusted out brakes too, and loudly stated why would I ever want to lease a Nissan anything ever again. Every customer waiting for their car to be serviced heard me, Then my salesman appeared and began to give me the same speach starting with you don't drive it enough. If that was a problem older people everywhere would be replacing their brakes. He finally realized how upset I was and went into the service managers office. They agreed to fix the brakes using "courtesy" funds from the Burdick dealership. I waited 2 hours for the repair all the while my stomach was churning. The salesman came out when it was finished and very kindly told me if it happenned again I would have to pay as they couldn't do this again and to drive more often which I do because my granddaughter lives in Pulaski NY a 70 mile round trip every weekend. I believe he knew in his heart this was a flaw in Nissan parts, not in my lack of driving. I am considering a differnt make of SUV when my lease is up.. I really believe the quality of the Nissan Rogue and all Nissans has gone downhill in an attempt to save money they are using cheaper parts. I wish I had bought out my 2013.

Amazing SUV
By Robert Daniel

2016 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This Nissan Rogue SL AWD and I got it brand new. had a 2008 fully loaded SL I fell in love with it. I had to get one, coming from a 2014 Nissan Sentra SR to a Rogue SL was Great comfort is amazing,, pick up is better could be a little better but its a 4 cyl. Also the Bose audio was the best sell for me I love my music, GPS is great but I am pretty upset we have to pay almost $200 just to update the maps. also the Nissan connect app is to die for forgot to lock your car? no problem use the app... with a small charge of $20 a month now that stinks to!! but other then that the car is amazing I have had it since July 21st 2016 I just hit 26k miles and I love driving it , my miles will tell that to LOL.