Used 2013 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Wish I didn't trade!
By Lu MacKenzie

2013 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I own a 2013 Rogue that I bought used. I traded in a Subaru to save money. What an idiot I was! There is a noise in engine and vibration that when I asked they said that's normal (?), without checking it out! I live in the mountains and there is no pick up even in low going up the inclines. I am hopeful that Nissan has worked on these issues since and their newer model have come out but you should check it out.

CVT Transmission
By James

2013 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As many others have stated I was driving down highway and lost power. Transmission has less than 70k and no help from Nissan even though they extended warranty on other models for the same issue. The car has been great up to this point. I would not consider buying another for this issue alone. Rebuilt transmission from dealers is over 3k

Learned the hard way.
By Alexandra

2013 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this car for 3 months. CVT transmission went out. 5k to fix. Very unhappy. Nissan wouldn't even acknowledge the defective part. I will be covering the entire cost alone. Thanks for nothing Nissan. I will never buy another vehicle from them.

Save up for a transmission replacement
By Jay in Baltimore

2013 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Our 2013 Rogue has between 70-80 thousand miles. This summer, the the engine suddenly lost power while on a long trip, and I couldn't accelerate beyond 60 mph. We took it to a mechanic, and they said the transmission was shot. Apparently the transmissions in most 2013-2016 Rogues have these issues after 60k miles, and need to be replaced. Nissan's warranty on the 2013 Rogue is 60K miles, but we're appealing to Nissan to see if they will work with us on fixing the issue. The newer Rogue's don't appear to have these issues, but I'd advise against buying a used Rogue made between 2013 and 2016.

Red Carriage
By MJ McKelvey

2013 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Dependable, fun to drive, easy in and out