Used 2011 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Good Vehicle
By navetx

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My SL Rogue is a very good vehicle.
I bought it for a daily driver but wanted it loaded. While it has almost everything, it really needs a home link option, a rubber pad for the left foot rest and a bigger screen for the nav/back up display.
Other than those issues, the Rogue delivers.
It's very quiet for a small SUV, and cruzes well on the highway.
Also, after 10,000 miles in 6 months, I'm getting over 25 combined city/highway mileage.

Not impressed
By fayettedale

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my 2011 SV AWD for 3 months now. I have put 2300 miles on it and keep it the garage and baby it. The interior build quality is spotty at best. I had to have the instrument cluster replaced because of a rattle inside the cluster. The stereo rattles in the center console. There other rattles throughout the cabin, very disappointed in the build quality. The CVT is horrible. It is very noisy and doesn't really help fuel economy, I average 24.6 mpg. I would take this back in a minute and buy something else if I could.
On the bright side, it does feel and drive like a sports car. Very smooth ride, as long as the road is smooth and the stereo is very good.

stereo

Get rid of the CVT.

Sporty and Comfortable, Bad Visibility
By seasidemom

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Rear visibility and rear side visibility out the little rear corner windows is just awful. The head rests are so big it is hard to see looking back. The moonroof/sunroof cover does not retract fully to provide full view of opening. The CVT engine is definitely noisy even when you are just accelerating around town. Very bothersome. I am used to not hearing such a noisy engine. Once you have accelerated and are at cruising speed it is fine, but getting there is loud. I will say that driving the Roque is fun, and comfortable and sporty and zippy. I really do like driving it on the highway, around winding roads and everywhere. If not for the noise and esp. the visibility, it would be great.

I love the Intelligent keys. The downside is, the car comes with 2 keys and if you want more they are $100 or so each, and if you loose a key they have to get you all new ones at the same time and have to recode them all. I think the rear cargo area is good sized, esp, since this is a smaller car. I put the back seats down and got a huge tree in there, along with a bunch of other stuff. Interior is good sized but feels small, like a cave due to all the dark fabric.

Another reviewer said this too:here is a ton of rain noise and spray hitting under the car near the passenger side of car. It sounds like a window is down, or there is a hole in the car b/c the road noise is so loud. This problem should be resolved. I think this car is going to get scratched up and beat up pretty easily. There are no side strips to keep cars from hitting you in the parking lot. Just a thin silver strip that looks good, non-functional. My old Jeep had a strip of rubbery material that kept bumping doors away. Interior choices for 2011 were black and light gray. Both awful, gray shows every dirt mark, while the black material shows sand and every white speck.

2011 brand new
By sghill1

2011 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the car today (10-14-11) with 100 miles on it.
Off the lot for 22,000.
3,000 less than Honda, Toyota and 5k less than Subaru.
Pretty well equiped and gives a great ride.
"Rubber band" transmission runs very well at 75 mph on the freeway.

Quiet ride, roomy back seat and plenty of cargo space.

Rear visability is an issue.

Rogue after 8 months- honeymoon over!
By swimcoach78

2011 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I enjoy the rogue as a basic 4 door mini-suv. It rides well and handles well on highways and streets. If I could do it all over again I would have bought a different vehicle. The fit and finish are sot up to par. The car rattles when its cold outside. The engine is loud. I am still not used to blindly backing up nor am I used to the large turning circle. Both car keys are dead and I can only open the car from the driver's door. Not fun when I have my kids with me or if I need to put a bag in my trunk from a store. I got stuck in my driveway in 6 inches of snow.
If I could do it all again I'd get a VW Jetta wagon or the Suzuki Kizashi. I don't need to sit higher. I need something to last

Suspension, Radio, Front Bucket Seats, Headlights, Rear Lights, Front legroom.

Butch it up Nissan...the Rogue is the #2 most popular chick car just below the VW Beetle. Get better color choices. Make the back doors larger for entry/exit. More cubbies and how about an Ipod holder? The rear glass should open independently. Brighter parking lights. Improve the computer & data display Better all season tires needed.