Used 2011 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Rogue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

I actually like this car.
By Debra Stafford

2011 Nissan Rogue S Krom Edition 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After reading all the other bad reviews... I was hesitant to jinx the good experience I've had! I bought it used with 20,000 miles on it. It now has 73,000 miles and all is well! The repairs I have had to put into it are pretty normal and expected from all cars. I actually love this car. I used to own many Jeep Cherokees before this and my troubles were many! I paid my dues! Just glad to catch a break with this one...so far so good :)

BAD TRANNY POOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS HELP
By Adam

2011 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My son bought my 2011 Nissan Rogue with 32,000 miles on it, has it regularly serviced the other day the check engine light came on with only 68000 miles on it. He took it to a Nissan dealership, the service manager told him the tranny (problematic cvt tranny nissan knows about) was needed to be replaced. Oh by the way it was 5600$ dollars to replace. He called nissan for any type of assistance and Nissan rep was not only rude but very unwilling to talk to him, all he kept sorry I understand how you feel. This is our 5th Nissan and he didnt care just kept reading from a script sounded like. A car with Nissan supposed quality and known transmission problems you would think they would help in some manner

Transmission Is not repairable
By Brandi

2011 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Stay far away from this car. My transmission is shot for the 2nd time and Nissan is doing nothing about it. They've known about it for years and take no accountability. LEMON!

Super Comfy
By Brenda

2011 Nissan Rogue S Krom Edition 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have only had this car for a month and so far I love the seats and the comfort of the interior. It has a bigger engine than my Mazda CX-5 but the gas mileage is terrible. I am getting 17.5 city and maxed out at 26.5 on a short road trip. What!?! Oh and the backup camera is useless during the day. So much glare on the screen I can't even see it. So that coupled with the blind spots you'd better get used to craning your neck. Oh and the gear shifter gets stuck in park sometimes. It was fine the first week, the second week was stuck every single time. And now seems to be fine again.

STAY AWAY!!!
By Tom Olzak

2011 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car used with 38000 miles on it. I drive about 12000 miles a year and have had the car a bit longer then 2 years and the transmission needs replaced (there are 64000 miles on the car) The initial warranty expired after 60000 miles. The Rogue's transmission was problematic for years 2002-2010 to the point that there was a class action suite filed against Nissan and as a result they extended the warranty on the transmission for those years to 120000 miles. I was happy with the car till this. Never again will I buy another Nissan or any car with the CVT transmission.....