Used 2010 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

last review traded it in
By twowhldoug

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

final follow up on 2010 rogue,has 58,000 miles.Traded it on a pilot yesterday.Didn't buy a pathfinder due to premium fuel req.Unlike the 2009 we had the 2010 has been very nice to own.Only issue had for the length of ownership was the fuel gauge,not very accurate(was replaced once).The rogue has been a fine car,and has been fun to drive.Anytime punched up fuel mileage was 27pluss.the bose audio and blue tooth was a high point.Replaced tires at 44,000 and just maintenance.Dealer(Hunt Nissan)was the best.Feel bad about loosing them to the Honda guys,but we had to have a bigger car that used reg fuel.Ican say that a Rogue is a good choice to have.

As stated previous,the Bose audio and blue tooth was a favorite in this car.Great sound and never had any problems(paired three diff phones)the 6 disc player worked great.Also liked the overall feel and performance of the package(CVT,Variable Cams)made the 4cyl feel like a V6.I have a 1997 Altima with a 2.4 in it with 174HP and it is a toad compaired to,or against the package in the Rogue.Also liked the heated mirrors and the dimmer rear view mirror.

Front end face lift(more like the krom') woud be nice.Fix the fuel gauge once and for all.Put the direction(compass) back into the mirror again.

My first Rogue
By pickles

2010 Nissan Rogue S Krom Edition 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is the 2nd Nissan I have had.
I had a Murano which I loved but it got totalled in 2007 when a 17 year old hit us head on.
Very safe car.
I hope the Rogue is just as safe.
It does need more cupholders.
Otherwise, I love it

More cupholders

nice crossover if you do not need real SUV
By stevko

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car in Aug11 used from Hertz car rental 15.500$ an 2010 S AWD model with 38000mile on. After 6mon in use I decided to write this review as I used this page to choose the Rouge.
I was looking for SUV but did not wanted pay the higher price and more on gas, therefore I was looking at sportage, tuscon, forester and rouge. I choose Nissan as I drove nissan sentra before and rogue is basically lifted sentra kind of w/ AWD and SUV look, car like driving and SUV feel and safety. We live in NortWest so this kind of car is ideal. I doesnot need fancy ride and towing capabilities so city like SUV = Rogue was an good choice. And the price was 1.500 - 2000 lesser than those others.

o I like the CVT transmition. I actually prefer that for milage and smooth shifting. I have no issues to overtake on freeways or city, it has all the power I need. 2.5 and CVT is good combination for me, I am saying good job on that... o Interior is similar to Sentra or Altima. The build in car radio and speakers are ok. I would upgrade it with small subwoofer under the seat, but if you want more go ro the bose pack. o Exterior is hot, I love it every time I look at it. o Did not test the AWD on snow or so, but it is good feature to have in case you need it. (normally I use FWD only, waiting for the snow :-) )

I suggest to have MP3 radio in the S trim and there are no door pocket at the back!!! Com'on Nissan...

Great Vehicle
By jennib31210

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I actually owned 2 Rogues, and was happy with both. The only reason I got rid of the 1st one (08) was to trade for a new one (2010). I love the SUV feel combined with the great fuel economy of a midsized sedan. I always averaged 27+ MPG, and even got 30MPG on at least one occasion. The seats are comfortable and the interior is fairly roomy for it to be a small SUV/crossover. I had the 2010 for right at a year and put 15k miles on it, including a road trip from GA to OH and back, and never experienced any issues in the time I owned it. I traded it for a 2010 Altima because the Altima is my ultimate dream car :) but I was very pleased with my Rogues & recommend them to anyone!

CVT transmission; fuel economy; smooth ride; sufficient interior space for single person or small family... I was not initially a fan of the Rogue when they first came out, but the salesman at the dealership convinced me to take it for a test drive, and I changed my mind quickly :) hence why I've owned 2!

My only complaint is the view out the rear passenger side of the vehicle. When trying to change lanes on the highway, it's hard to see if someone is in that area, and I know I had a few instances where I almost ran into someone because I could not see them. If you can adjust your seat and your side view mirror just right, you might be able to fix this issue, but it would just help if there could be a slight change in design to correct this.

Solid car but the A/C is a bit meh
By anders7

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car new and was very impressed with the handling - very car like. Fit and finish of the interior is way above the competition (RAV4, CRV etc). The engine is powerful enough and I grew to love the CVT that some people hate. The front seats are very comfy and the few times I get to sit in the back I am comfortable there too. This was the last car on my shortlist and I didn't want to like it but I really did.

12 months later and I still like the car a lot. It is what it is - its a compact SUV crossover with AWD (btw the AWD really does work well in light snow and ice). The visibility out of the back is poor (styling) and the A/C is NOT great for Texas summer. Still like the car.

Handling, braking, AWD, interior comfort, CVT(!), build quality, simplicity of engine design, suspension, interior materials, dashboard design, cloth seats quality.

The A/C unit struggles for 10 miles in Texas summer @ 115 degrees. And that is with limo tinted windows. Time for a bigger compressor Nissan - nothing wrong with the current one but it is built for New England, not Texas. Rear visibility - it's pretty bad but that's the price you pay for the styling. Engine - why not drop the V6 into one of these cars? You have the VQDE which is tried and tested. Everyone else has a V6 aside from Honda but they're more arrogant than y'all and don't see the point. Wheels - I have the SL alloys on my S-AWD. They should be standard across the board. Steel wheels are so 1990s...