Used 2010 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Do Not Buy This Car!!!
By lmoris

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had problems with my car for awhile now. When I'm stopped, the entire car shutters, this also happens when I accelerate. My rpm's also jump from 3-6 (I'm not speeding)and when I let off the accelerator to slow down, my speed stays the same with my rpm's going back and forth from 3-6.
I called the dealership where I purchased the car and I was told that since my check engine light has NOT come on, they can't help me.
They can look at it for $57.00 but the computer has not recognized any problems yet so there is not much they can do. Basically, drive it until you break down. Nice!! I called the corporate office and was told they stand behind what I was told by the dealership!!Fantastic

scrap car ..nightmare
By dardouri

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I really don't want this vehicle any more, I see all kind of the problem with this scrap .
I bought this car from a dealer Metro nissan in Montreal with 44kkm and guarantee for 4years, after 2 months of driving, I had 2 much problems..., I would have given it back after a month or two!but unfortunately too late 2 change it

bought a used one
By lowpost50

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used rogue with 30,000 miles
I already own an SUV. I bought it to replace my failed ford explorer with 162,000 miles. I needed a vehicle to go back and forth to work ( I drive 60 miles a day) needless to say I wanted something with good fuel economy, and a good warranty.
I had my Rogue
3 months and i love it/
its comfortable nimble in traffic. I still have 70,000 miles left on a 100,000 mile warranty.its very stylish,and it must be a great CUV because I see sooo many on the road. go into a decent sized parking lot you will see at least 2 Rogues there.

The CVT transmission no feeling of shifting. the sound system is very good. the style and size I love the backup camera

the 5" screen needs to be moved up so that you can have more visual on the road than looking down at the screen. it would be nice to put in a compass and in/outdoor themometer

CVT transmission issues
By denver13

2010 Nissan Rogue S Krom Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Please google Nissan Rogue CVT transmission issues before considering this vehicle.
I used to love my Rogue, but after 2 years of driving it, some serious concerns came up.

I had multiple experiences where the transmission overheated, putting the vehicle into safety mode.
When it is in safety mode, it DOES NOT GO.
This happened to me on the highway, and right after getting off of the highway in the middle of an intersection.
This issue has been reported in several instances, so please do research it!

Nissan is aware of the reports, but only offered me a solution of changing the transmission fluid. I traded it in, as I found the vehicle too risky and unreliable. Please be careful.

fix transmission issues

Bad CVT Transmission
By neddnee

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Unfortunately, my 2010 Rogue has begun to give me problems when driving up hill.
I lose power and the car does not accelerate even when I have my pedal to the floor.
The local Nissan dealership had my car all day and their conclusion for my problem was that the car's safety mechanism turns on so the transmission won't overheat.
Well I guess that's fine except for when I'm driving in 75-80 mph traffic and my car suddenly loses power.
That's not really safe.
I really hope that this problem is resolved and these cars are recalled.

A well built transmission would be great!