Used 2009 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

By douglas

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a follow up on previous comments in dec2009. After dealer installed the latest things that nissan said would correct my electrical problems I took the car home with high expectations. Not so lucky; car worked for a couple of days then wife called from out of town with the red key warning light glowing in the dash as she hummed down the interstate praying the car would not stop and lock down on her as it has done in the past. called dealer and they had no idea.Took the car on 2,500 mile trip in dec. and many things happened.from not letting us in to not allowing the ignition switch to turn to unlocking itself while we were away from it. Called nissan and they are supposed to LOOK

Still like the car and hope thay give us a good one and give this one to a rep to use.Love the sound system and the blue tooth.

make the trans not whine(gear sounds) at low speeds,make the front end better looking.

'09 SL AWD 9 months and rolling
By sschrupp

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I'm pretty happy with this vehicle, but no longer quite as ecstatic as I was in the beginning. Within a couple months of driving the trans started making a chattering noise. Dealership replaced the trans. Now they need it for about 3 hours for various recall issues. The Bose stereo sounds like all the sound is focused on front center speaker. The headrest is uncomfortable, and doesn't stay down, always slides back up. The sideview mirrors whistle at higher speeds and gusts of wind. Gas mileage isn't great, but hilly area with 65+ speed limits accounts for that. On positive note, it rides smooth, accelerates nicely, looks great, handles like a pro, great in inclement weather.

Bluetooth phone, AUX function on stereo, decent bass on stereo, nice exterior styling, bright headlights, keyless ignition. Traction control system is excellent.

Fix the headrest. Feels like it's shoving my head forward so my chin is touching my chest. My Bose system doesn't seem to be tuned for a surround type setting. Sounds like it's all in front center and no amount of adjustments I do help.

Not bad but terrible sealing
By Young

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall performances are acceptable. Three major problem. 1. Free penetration of cold air through knobs and buttons due to bad sealing 2. Noisy in wet days due to same reason. But Nissan consider it as normal, which means it is their limitation in technology 3. Very bad rear side-view visibility. You'd be very careful when you try to change lane. There are much wider blind area than any other car due to very bad visibility. I almost hit other car several time in 3 months driving, which I have never experienced before with other cars in my 30 years of spotless driving history. So, not recommended for young drivers. Minor comment is bad front cup holder design Overall: Not recommended

Interior Overall design

Sealing of doors, tailgate, and oters Air-conditioning is annoying since it automatically turns on when I tried others. Cup holders in front cannot hold two mugs. Rearview visibility: This is fatal issue.

Horrible
By evangelista09

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Initially I was excited about this vehicle. After 4 months I was in the shop to get the car fixed and tuned up more than any other vehicle I've owned in my life. then I get a recall notice from the govt. The car is at risk for losing control and crashing. I cant believe the money I spend for this vehicle. Gladly trading it in tomorrow! ]

take it off the market and give consumers what they deserve and pay for!

Little Bit of Everything
By Mr. T

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Was looking and test riding CRVs and RAV 4's. Stumbled upon the Rougue and found it to be every bit as good as a CRV which I previously owned and better than the Toyota. Toyota and Honda would not deal but Nissan came down $6K off the list last August and that clinched the deal. About 12Km now and no complaints other than gas mileage not quite as good as I expected it to be. Its versatile and fund to drive both in the city and on the highway. Always admired the looks of the Merano, this shares many of those good looks and makes RAV 4 and CRV look dated.

Moon roof, AWD, stero system, fun to drive.

Needs a Hatch latch. Sl Model includes a roof rack but you need cross rails to attach anything and they make you pay extra for those.