Used 2009 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Continued problems
By doug

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have had elec problems since 2nd week. Nissan has tried 4 timed to fix(3 under guidance of factory rep). Still has intell key problems(won't unlock,won't start).Have asked Nissan to replace with good one. Been 1 week no reply.Real shame; we like the car but can no longer deal with the elec problems. Never know when it will not let us in or if it will start when we wan't to go.Wish we never bought it.

like the bose and the bluetooth.

figure out the issues with the rogue. this is our second one and both had elec issues. first was AWD and the noise was horrible at low speeds.

Won't recommend this car to anyone
By costa

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 3 months, noticed transmission noise. Dealer told the noise was normal. Later, car was always stack in PARK position. To drive it, I had to manually unlock the transmission. Dealer replaced the Brack switch, Solenoide and other parts. It took me 4 months to get it fixed. Also, they fixed 3 recalls at the same time. This car is a total waist of $$. Also, rear vision is extremely dangerous. Do not consider this car at all. Nissan needs to review the design of the transmission COMPLETELY. Forgot to mention that I had also to replace the Door mechanism: wet stack in close position in cold weather...

stability in wet conditions

1- Rear view (visibility) 2- Transmission system 3- Review the automatic Doors mechanism 4- Car is VERY NOISY

Very Reliable.
By Seba

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have owned the Rogue for almost a year and have 12200 miles on it. We have not been in the dealer once except for the regular scheduled maintenance and 3 recalls but all were done at once and during a regular visit so it wasn't a pain at all. This car is very reliable the AWD is great and handles well in snow or rain the ride is pretty comfortable, we take lots of road trips our longest trip was about 450 miles round trip and no problems at all, more room would be nice but it is a crossover. We are very happy with this car.

Reliability, HID headlights, moonroof, AWD. Transmission. 6CD in dash changer, steering wheel mounted paddle shifters, bluetooth.

Interior styling, more power, more room, bigger fuel tank.

Don't buy
By Jackol

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First, our car has 55K miles. I know how this car performs and I do my own maintenance. This review is based on 2 1600 mile trips, two weeks apart. Received a recall letter from Nissan relative to Trans belt noise. We had no problem but took it in and had the new software installed. Our gas mileage went from 27-32 down to 20-24 MPG. Nissan refused to fix it. I will paint large lemons on it drive to every Nissan dealer I can find. Paint quality is also pathetic.

Move window controls and console further forward. You have to reach back to use.

Nissan Rogue
By Donna Raposo

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Took it to the mountains this summer, brakes buck and vibrate when braking going down hill. Very difficult to back up or change lanes due to back windows being too narrow to see out of. Makes whistling noise when going over 60 mph. Very annoying. Also, makes weird humming noise when slowing down. Recall on transmission. But they did extend my transmission warranty to 10 years or 120000 miles due to the recall. Otherwise, I do like my vehicle. It does drive very smooth and it handles well. Plus the bose stereo is awesome.

looks great, handles well. Awesome stereo.

Improve windows, could be more cargo room, do something about annoying humming and whistling noise, improve braking system.