Used 2009 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Great Car
By KGellen

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am sitting here reading the comments on this car. I understand not all cars are going to be built and last forever. Some just don't work, but if the dealership you bought your car from is not fixing your car then don't hate the car hate your dealer. I have had nothing but great success with my car. I don't expect it to be all mighty i mean its not a Mercedes or an Audi! Is a crossover mid level SUV. Not the most expensive vehicle you can buy! It's great for getting groceries or hauling the big dog around! Its the best buy in its class in my opinion with the look and feel of all other crossovers.

Love the sleek outside body style. LOVE The air vents! Nissan is known for the great cold air (i live in FL i need it)

I would suggest fancying up the inside cabin. It's a little dull but not ugly by any means!

WOW
By OMAC

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my first new car in 10 yrs. I am glad I chose the Nissan Rogue. Very comfortable to drive and good pick up for a 4 cylinder. Exceeded my expectations in regards to handling and safety. Jim Keras Nissan did a great job of recommending this vehicle.

Rear cargo room and acceleration.

Good Crossover
By EJO

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The SL comes with some great amenities, great Bose sound system, hands free calling. Comfortable ride, pulls small boat trailer fine, fun to use steering paddle "shifters", not bad mileage, shoulder belt height adjustment to low, HVAC controls indicating lamps (yellow) not bright enough or need different color in sharp daylight. Overall a good SUV.

Built in blue tooth calling for several different phone numbers and Bose sound. no key/fob fussing needed for locking/unlocking and starting car.

see review section (shoulder belt, control lights) also inside door handle interferes with left knee of relaxing driver (plastic to hard or change angle and/or move 35 mm forward or aft.

I'd rather take the bus!
By Mrs. S

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Leased this crossover last June. Has only 6K miles on it and I have 2 years left on lease. I HATE this auto!!! I hated it after only 1 month! You take your life in your hands when you change lanes in heavy traffic! This car has many blindspots! No pickup whatsoever!!!Takes forever for the car to get warm/cold! Sounds like an angry mosquito when you accelerate! I tell the kids to "lean foward" when I am getting onto the highway...Already have had 2 serious recalls. Now I have an "service engine soon" light that won't go off. I am sure it's a gas cap issue, but I can't take a day off to waste waiting around at the dealership! Don't even Sit in this car!Paid top $$$ for this DUD!

Heated seats are nice.

Give customers a chance to break a lease! If Nissan REALLY stands behind what they sell, they will do this! I've read reviews and many people Are happy with this car. Unfortunately, I am NOT one of them...The thought of drivng this for 2 more years actually makes my eye twitch

Honest Review
By NISSANDRIVER

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My Nissan Rogue is an excellent SUV AWD, the only issue I have is the backwindow is small, when looking through the rear window mirror, it is like looking through a porthole.You have to be extremely careful driving this car on the interstates, it is hard to see other cars and trucks when passing, and hard to back up since the view out the rearwindow is not good Otherwise I am very happy with my Rogue

Bose radio system

build the Rouge with a better view out the back window