Used 2009 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Great 2 years!
By lexky

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We have owned our Rogue for a little over 2 years with about 28,000 miles and have only had to have one thing fixed by warranty. Climate control dials that are supposed to light up during the night went out. Very happy with our purchase!

AWD is great in the snow.

Front doors are heavy so they always shut on you when attempting to get in or out of the vehicle when parked on an incline. Would be nice if something could be done to fix this.

Watch Out from Behind
By sw1974

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2009 Rogue S used with 14K miles on it. I had researched it & heard about the rear view issues, but WOW! It is bad. The blind spot on each back corner is a complete design flaw and must be fixed with larger windows in new versions. It's not so much the back window as it is the 2 small side windows. It's a real danger if you ask me, but the rest of the car is fine. I had an 07 Honda CR-V before this one and they're comparable. I don't mind the CVT transmission and feel the car accelerates better than my CR-V did. I have had no issues in these first few months. Gas mileage is great. AC is COLD, which is nice. The sound system-- the factory version, not Bose--is still good quality.

Cold AC, cloth interior easy to clean, flat folding back seats.

The back side windows are too small. The visibility issues are real and need to be improved without a doubt for safety purposes. You must learn to drive with both mirrors and turning your whole body. Signal in plenty of time so someone can honk at you if you're about to come over on them.

Poor Service
By crossover

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Nice looking car,(2009 Rogue), but has some annoying electrical problems that Nissan service department can't find, or even acknowledge that they don't know what to do. The car is not even one year old yet, but I will trade this car in the next few months. There are No more Nissans in my future.

Good handling in traffic

Include Customer Comments area on Nissan website, so customers can complain directly to Nissan, not to second and third parties.

Amazing Value - Great Car
By Nisaan Lover

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After looking at all cross overs, finally settled on the rogue. It was the best value for money for me. Great features, styling. Also drives very well. I have owned this for 6 months and have no complaints what so ever.

Value for money

Giving it back -> lemon
By notrockstar

2009 Nissan Rogue SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm returning my car on 06/01. Dealer finally settled with me on a lemon case. I had issue with the fuel gauge. It will show half tank when its actually almost empty. I went to dealer ship 5 times. Replaced sensors twice and twice I was treated like crazy. + recalls. I got so tired of owning not reliable car. I agree with previous postings, the car is good overall, but has too many blind spots. I've managed to handle that issue well, but Nissan needs some improvement in design of the back window. Also, MPG went down to around 20 in the city. oh, well it was hard for me to check as I think I never got accurate reading from the computer. I would not buy this car again.

sound system, cargo room