Used 2009 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

It grows on you
By broka

2009 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in a GMC Envoy because the gas mileage was killing me and I did not really need that big of a car. The interior although well made is plain and simple. The car performs well but I would not call it fun. It is reliable in every respect but there is nothing to get excited about. But after 18 months, it has grown on me as being a very good all around good, practical, safe, comfortable, and reliable transportation.

fuel economy, CVT tranny

ability to open rear window, major blind spot, no light in cargo area, at least 1 more power outlet, make front center armrest adjustable

Not the right car for you?
By The car master

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

You are making a big mistake if u buy this car or should i say "circular shaped car" I thought i was doing the right thing but. i was hardly mistaken. People told me i had the best looking car they ever seen. I heard it all and then when i finally got rid of it then they started telling me the truth. I felt so bad because everyone was talking behind my back about this bubble that i'm driving. Not a good look for a middle age guy with a very important job. Not for nothing but i can't even put up a ceil fan to save my life yet drive this car. make sure you take a second guess before u just go and buy this "bubble",they call it. Make sure it is the right car for u. Trust me im saving ur life.

my favorite part of this car is the way it drives. I kinda feels like ur in a rocket ship that is ready to take off into the atmosphere and never come back.

Make this car more for a human and not an outerspace creature.

My Fixes
By Ken

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

As far as smart key and rear window problems, this helped very much for me. I could not duplicate the key problem for the dealer, but it was getting frustrating. I removed the battery in the controller and bent the 3 contacts up slightly at the folds, using a small pocket knife. It has improved 95% and contribute some to junk in my pocket. I improved my blind spots by installing small rectangular stick on mirrors to my side mirrors. I still look back when I pull out, but it does give you more visibility. I'm 6'2 and I have more leg room than most vehicles. It has rapid response in emergency conditions. For the money, a nice little ride.

Leg space and smooth,quite ride.

Tighten battery connections in smart keys. Painted side molding to protect door dings. And automatic head light sensor for the SL.

AWD Performance Poor
By sarah

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My purchase was in the spring so in trusting my dealership to be honest with me as a loyal customer they badly misrepresented the performance of the AWD feature on the Rogue, I feel it is a high priced enhanced traction control and as far as AWD in the snow its awful! thanks Ken Ganley Nissan. the AWD engages maybe for a split second if that and you still slide all over the road, live and learn that sales people only care about the almighty $$ not you as a loyal customer. If you want good, safe performance in the snow get a AWD vehicle that engages and stays engaged in AWD/ 4x4.It was new to me so an expensive lesson!

my main purchase feature was the AWD that failed! good on gas nice looking,no mechanical problems over 20,000 miles on vehicle,would recommend the Front wheel drive to save money

represent it better to consumers AWD on the Rogue is nothing more than a costly enhanced traction control.. build it more solid ,have a rattle under it when I hit bumps

Excellent Choice
By Roguelover

2009 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was trying to buy a CR-V / RAV4 and was not able to get a good deal, so in frustration, went to see the rogue. After test driving it, i was really glad i came to the Nissan dealer. It drove great, looked great, was extremely smooth and quite and the best part, was much cheaper than a similar crv/rav4. After owning a SL with premium package and sunroof, i am glad i purchased. We just love this vehicle, its smooth drive. It averages around 26 - 27 mpg. Great features. Wish it had more trunk space though. Overall, great vehicle