Used 2008 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 253 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

I'd rather chew glass then buy another Rogue
By applesanni

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought February 2009 brand new, April I already started the CVT problems...the noise NOONE could here BUT me...1000 miles and I had the trans replaced, August 2009 AGAIN the trans had to be replaced, then we have the love Tire Press Light that no matter how much I fill my tires it never went off...again it was ME who was crazy. I just hit 40,000 miles and so far 2 Trans,4 Brand New Tires for $1k,front brakes $400, rear brakes another $400...n now my remote key stopped working, the "fixed both the key and spare....still not working, bluetooth never worked either! Thank god I claimed the Lemon Law or I'd really be unhappy!!!!
Save your $$$$$$$ nothing but a headache!!!!

Not a thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figure out what is wrong with this new transmission that I see so many people on here had to have replaced in addition to myself.....replaced and the noise still there...just great!

We Love It
By andreaken1

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Haven't used the shift paddles yet.
Blind spots. road noise, wind whistling re cross wind. 32 mpg hwy with a/c heater off. Same brakes at 89,000 km but lot of hwy driving but reconditioned for $400.. Low tire indicator on and off. Love the bluetooth, miss a GPS,
Rear door plastic hand grab keeps falling out. On the small size though.

Great Deal, just needs some updates
By Melaniec

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My Nissan Rogue was my first new vehicle purchase. Looking back I wish I had gone with some of the packages offered, like the bois sound and fog lights, but I didn't know you didn't have to get everything in the package. My family/friends like that the rear seating is actually comfortable. My daughter wished the windows went further down but what kid doesn't. As for the dislikes, I wish there were more cup holders. Like in the Nissan cars there have several upfront. Rogue has just 2. Also the blind spots are really bad due to the rear head rests. Also the jack in the armrest is rather inconvenient. The ride is smooth and great for traveling!

The design of the Rogue, comfort of seating, rides smoothly. great fuel economy for the crossover !

more cup holders front & back; standardize fog lights; Change the location of the power adapters; The gear shifter doesn't light up, you have to go by the dash.

84,000 and still going strong
By tamoshanter

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Follow up after purchasing new in 12/07. With 84,000, going strong. Am religious with oil changes, replaced the transmission fluid once, upon recom. From my mechanic. No problems mechanically or aesthetically at all - very pleased with ride, reliability and comfort. Small back storage, but have towed 10' uhaul with no problem when moving college age kids. Passengers in back comfortable in back. Overall, very happy

very easy to drive - like AWD in snow and rain. CVT works without problem and very good mileage

impaired vision looking rearward, small storage in back, not enough cup holders

So Far So Good but visibility
By Bert

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Love everything so far about this mode of transportation EXCEPT - seeing out the back. The backseat headrests & the narrow view make it real interesting. Hopefully designed have been better in the last year or so.

Looks sharp, plenty of leg room, roomy

Better visibility - back