Used 2008 Nissan Rogue SUV Consumer Reviews - 248 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Great crossover
By Dr. Karen

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I drove minivans for 15 years and love the Rogue because it combines the best of what I loved about minivans with the comfort of a sedan. I am happy with the mileage (24.5 mpg city, 25 mixed city highway, 27+ highway) so far. I think it's a very attractive crossover for the price.

Built-in XM radio, moonroof

A little better gas mileage since it's a 4 cylinder engine.

Love My Rogue
By Ann

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV S SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Rogue for a little over 2 months and I really have enjoyed it. The best part about it is that it only takes about 50 dollars to fill up the gas tank. I can enjoy the perks of an SUV with the fuel efficiency of a car. Overall, it was worth the purchase.

Fuel efficiency.

Fun Car, Love It, but Not Perfect
By daytrippr

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have to admit, the Rogue is probably one of the funniest cars to drive on the road today. It handles well around turns, in snow, and with crosswinds. With it's great stability, I don't worry about tipping over. I cannot emphasize how well it does on gas mileage in this day of high gas prices. The Bose system (premium pkg) is well worth the extra price. It is comfortable on long drives and a joy to have and own. I can't wait to drive it every day.

Gotta be the Bose stereo system and steering wheel console for the radio and bluetooth hands-free. It's easy to hook up, you can change the presets, volume, answer a call without taking your eyes from the road. A MUST HAVE for those looking to purchase.

Poor visibility from the rear when backing up. Also, my AWD SL is experiencing a rattle from the front end discovered by Nissan to be from the CVT. Noise developed after 1500 mi, and at 6,000 mi, it's still not resolved. Annoying, because it's new; frustrating waiting on a "fix" from Nissan.

Great mid-life transition car!
By CD

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned 4 mini-vans over the past 17 years which I liked a lot. They served the family well for trips, hauling stuff, etc. I wanted a sporty, fun-to-drive car that handled well, had some zip, was sharp looking, but could also carry a load if need be. My Rogue is it! The 4-cylinder engine has plenty of power and is surprisingly quiet. The ride is a tad stiff, but the steering is tight and seats very comfortable. Took it on a 1200 mile trip and didn't get sore bottoms. With the back seats folded down, it can hold a lot. It lets you sit up (like a van), but drives like a sports car. Love the CVT - avoids constant downshifting. Takes getting used to. Been getting 26-27 mpg. Fun.

CVT, tight steering, comfy seats, great-looking, quiet engine, good gas mileage, fun to drive.

Suspension a tad stiff.

Major Rogue Transmission problem
By DJ

2008 Nissan Rogue SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I want to get the message out to all those considering buying a Rogue..DON'T DO IT!! There are countless people out there myself included who after 3000 miles are having major transmission problems. Nissan is aware of the issue but cannot fix it. They know its in the transmission but they don't know what it is. They've replaced transmissions just to have the car come back. If you have one, what you will hear is a rattling noise when slowing down < 10 MPH. After a while it will start doing it at all speeds as mine is.

Fun to drive

Fix the major transmission flaw before someone is killed when it fails.