Used 2008 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 250 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

My "Little" Rogue
By hydro1

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I looked and looked for the right car to replace my 98 Honda Odyssey (all done w/babies and toddlers, yea!). Started wanting a wagon, but ended up in the crossover market. I'm so happy with my choice, and I can't believe how well it's fitting into our lives. It's actually more roomy in the front than our van. The kids are super comfortable in the back seats and don't seem to miss the reclining feature at all. I find plenty of room in the cargo area, and am figuring out how to rack it up to be able to carry bikes, skis, etc. Love the black/red cloth interior, it's kind of retro and very cool.

Controls on the steering wheel, XM, flip up cargo carrier in the back to hold groceries from rolling all over the back, moon roof, 4-cylinder that feels plenty peppy.

Tire noise seems really loud on some surfaces. Maybe they are overly inflated?? I'm going to change them asap to Nokian Happekeliita WRs. Hope that will help! Wish I could've gotten Bluetooth without jumping up to leather, etc.

Love My Rogue
By Renoguy

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Rogue for 2 months so far with no problems. I bought a locking gas cap. Some have mentioned the limited vis- ability when backing up, but I like this as it gives me more privacy when driving. When backing up I just raise myself up in the seat to see better. So far all is great including gas mileage. I traded in a Toyota Rav4 for the Rogue and am very happy.

Ride and styling. Very comfortable seats.

When I turn on the air blower the AC seems to automatically start. In the daytime I cannot see the little light on the AC and it runs when I don't want it. Maybe an on and off button on the AC so I could tell at a glance it was on. Also a locking gas cap.

Nissan Rogue SL AWD - A Great Find!
By E. P.

2008 Nissan Rogue SL SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I looked/drove many cars bfore this purchase - Forester, Matrix, Patriot, Compass, etc. I was so impressed with the Rogue. The fit, finish & interior is excellent. There is more driver room than my wife's Sienna. I was impressed with the mpg, standard airbags, vsc, and room. It drives smoothly, handles well in turns, and the front seats are very comfortable. Critics claim the cargo area is too small. I find it adequate. The Orange color gets much attention and looks great. I didn't get leather (first time ever) and am happy with the cloth. This product feels substantial and refined.

Fit & finish, MPG with AWD, ride quality, front seats, safety features, CVT with shifters on wheel, keyless entry/start, stereo system, driving height, computer screen location.

Body side moldings please!, hard to see temp lights on dials during daytime, a bit of a nose job needed, lockable fuel door, rear visibility could be better.

Mouse in the house
By Canadian Rogue Owner

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We love this car. The clearance and fuel economy were the deciding factors for buying it. We live on a farm and have experienced in the seven months that we've owned it: two separate mouse nests in the heater fan, dirt and ice build up in the wheels and grinding noise from the front end (which is now on going). We didn't have problems like this with the Oldsmobile we used as a trade in. We also added a spoiler to reduce the dust and snow build- up on the back window, but it didn't do that. The spoiler did help the fuel economy somewhat though. We are getting the stated fuel economy and it is fun to drive.

XM radio, bluetooth, keyless entry and start, CVT and the shifters on the steering wheel.

Something needs to be added to the ventilation system to keep rodents out and the wheels could use a redesign to keep mud and ice out. Auto headlights would be nice too.

Love Car... without the problems!
By MYCAR

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased this vehicle in Jan after searching for many months. Had a 6 cyl Ford Windstar minivan, and wanted SUV style w/o the high cost and poor gas milage. After 3300 miles, like other reviewers began hearing rattling noice in driver front side, as well as hesitation when accelerating. Brought back in at 8500 miles, and was told need new transmission! They have had to replace others. I just got the car back 3 days ago, and it STILL hesitates, however rattling is gone, for now. Loved this car, however not sure if it's going to last me many more years. Don't roll down the 2 back windows, as air pressure/noise is terrible.

VDC, very comfortable to drive (travel for a living), great gas mileage,

Better transmission! Improve visibility in rear.