Used 2008 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 250 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Rogue

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Fun to drive
By Happy in SC

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After driving a Pacifica for 3 1/2 years, this is a real treat. The four cylinder engine is quite peppy and really can get up an go when needed. It's nice to have better gas mileage and still have a comfortable car. We are amazed at the roomy interior, didn't feel like a downsize at all. Only thing missing is auto lights on this model. Have had other Nissan products and like the way they drive and hold up. Haven't had to spend a lot of dollars other than normal maintenance on them. Expect the same on the Rogue. Try one, you'll like it.

great Bose radio, comfy seats, roomy interior, peppy to drive

please add upgrade features to other models than AWD, I would have liked to have auto lights.

LOVE my Rogue
By jldono2

2008 Nissan Rogue S SULEV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have been driving a V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee for the last 6 years, and so far I love my Rogue. I was worried about a 4 cyl not having enough power, and this car has plenty of power passing, going up the mountains. So far I love my new Rogue!!

Great gas mileage, sunroof, comfortable and roomy interior, the looks of the car.

Can't think of any!

"This Car ROCKS!"
By Clyde

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is quick for a 4 cylinder! We took it out on a test drive and by the time we merged with traffic we had hit 80. It is smooth riding, roomy, none of that shift surge you get with geared car, in fact the "pro" reviewer said he could hear the engine rev up, and be noisy; when you accelerated. We heard none of that. No run up in RPM. This vehicle is a pleasure to drive. The car is for my wife. She had an expedition with an 8 cylinder and she was afraid the Rogue was going to be underpowered. NO WAY, she was a happy camper after the test drive.

acceleration

There is nothing really. Maybe the rear window is a little small but very easy to get used to.

Great Small SUV
By bradwesley

2008 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This was a great buy. I am very impressed with its great mpg. I get about 23-25 mpg in the city and about 29-30 mpg on the highway. I am also impressed with its acceleration. I have no problem passing on the highway. I really enjoy the CVT. It is smooth and very nice. The interior is very nice and functional.

The CVT and the acceleration of its 4 cyl. engine. Car has great gas mileage.

The seats could be more comfortable. Also, I am not a fan of the front grille.

A Process of Elimination
By kim

2008 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted a vehicle that was under $30k and gas mileage of 25 mpg+. Checked the Saturn Vue, Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4 and Ford Edge. All nice cars. But the Rogue's design won me over. It's very sporty and I get a lot of compliments. The CVT is smooth. I do worry about the transmission problems I've read other people are having. The black leather seating is luxurious. I have averaged 26.3 mpg for 5 fill ups so far. I'm 6'2 and have plenty of room. I wish it had a telescoping steering wheel so I don't have to stretch my arms out all the time. I have driven a suv for 14 yrs and the Rogue is the quietest vehicle I have been in by far. I can't hear the engine.

Leather package, heated seats, heated mirrors, xm radio and I just love the voice activated bluetooth. Just touch a button on the steering wheel and you're talking. Very good gas mileage.

Front grille needs some pizzaz. Reverse sensors would be wise as visability is not the best. Larger visible computer center. Need gas cap on driver's side. A few more compartments on center counsel. Paddle shifters are useless to me. I feel them a little on the down shift. That's it.