2017 Nissan Rogue Sport Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue Sport model:

Pleasently Suprised!
By Jeff G

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Had a Juke Nismo RS prior to this, but was time for something new. It was a 2017 Leftover and Love the Monarch Orange Color. My wife has a 2105 Rogue and really like that, but wanted something a little smaller. Had it a month and very impressed with the handling and how quiet it is. While the Motor isn't the Nismo's, it still has good pickup and very smooth shifting. Ride is similar to the Rogue, and 100% better than the Juke, and we both have commented about how well it rides whether Highway or City! It's an SL and only lacks the Platinum Package, which for me would have only wanted the Sunroof, as all the Lane/Driver assist features weren't anything I really cared for. So far so good and would definitely recommend.

Horrible Purchase
By John

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We bought our Sport in Feb 2018. Immediately noticed a problem with "long cranking" meaning when we try to start the car it turns over for a minute before starting, sometimes having to stop and try again before getting it to start. Took it in and they said they think they fixed it, they didn't ut it doesn't do it every time and we can't just leave our car there and wait. It's been 6 months and we are noticing that the cvt transmission is already having issues. When accelerating I can press the peddle to the floor and it will crawl for a few seconds before kicking in, this is extremely dangerous. I haven't had a chance to take it in to have it looked at but will as soon as I can.

No Support
By Carol

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport SL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Nissan Rogue Sport June 2017. I WOULD NEVER BUY ANOTHER ROGUE!!! The first week, closed at night. Parked it for three days. Drove it the fourth day and saw colorful compound on the back rear passage door splatter to the front driver door, along with scratches. Purchased the car off the show room floor with only 47 miles. Barely have driven the car. Got in it and it wouldn't start. Tried everything!!! My husband goggled what it could be and it told him how to start it. Immediately, called the dealership and was told to bring it in. Took it in, hooked it up and immediately, it read transmission. Kept my car for 5 days. The radio is a joke. It has so much static. I was told its the area of my commute "WHAT THE?!!!! I even called cooperate, took my information. Heather, never returned my calls after she told me there was nothing that could be done. I explained to someone else at cooperated how many issues I've had with my Rogue. There are so many more issues I can't even start. Two service people at Courteous Nissan will not even deal with my car. They ignore me like I'm a plague. I'm so tempted to trade in my car, but it would be my issue because I would be the one upside down on payment. I have more miles on my Rogue driving it back and fourth to the dealership. The foreman had my car for a whole week nothing was done. He drove it to his home 2 days to Forney. The tint on my car started to bubble. They fixed it but now it leaks. The doors were so noise they supposedly fixed them. It sound worse like my windows are cracked. My door even rattles. One point my car was pulling, I was told it's called surging. I'm sick of my car. No support from the dealership.

Problems, problems, problems!!!!!
By Diane

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I had less than 3000 miles when the engine lights flashed and starting became an issue. I took in and they said they reset the computer. Two weeks later, same problems, (dash lights going on and off, poor power and sensor issues) they take my Rouge sport back in and they say it's the battery. replaced that and now with less than 6000 miles, same freaking problems! It is ridiculous. Lesson learned, do not buy a new model in the first year.

Avoid This Car
By Charlie Gardner

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport SL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased in Feb 2018. My review shows that Nissan USA and the local dealership failed to respond to my complaints about this car. The only good thing about it is the LED headlights are super. From there it only goes downhill. There is excessive road noise, so much so that with the radio on you can't hear the warning beeps for the blind spot or lane departure. The Intelligent Lane Intervention, an oxymoron, is a joke and functions so poorly that it is actually unsafe. It misses the lane departure without a warning on occasion and wanders so far over the lane as to be unsafe, before it reacts. Nissan USA and Local dealership were notified of this defect in writing and never got a response from either. So much for Customer Support! The Econ button is located below the dash and has to be activated every time when starting the car. Doesn't stay on. The "premium" radio is terrible. Very poor muddy sound. The ride is very rough and stiff and is noisy regardless of road condition. This is the top of the line for this model and it misses the mark badly, though it does have a nice sporty look that is very deceiving! My advice is look elsewhere for a small SUV and stay away from Nissan. Too many good cars by Honda and Toyota that put this car to shame.