2017 Nissan Rogue Sport Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue Sport model:

Avoid This Car
By Charlie Gardner

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport SL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased in Feb 2018. My review shows that Nissan USA and the local dealership failed to respond to my complaints about this car. The only good thing about it is the LED headlights are super. From there it only goes downhill. There is excessive road noise, so much so that with the radio on you can't hear the warning beeps for the blind spot or lane departure. The Intelligent Lane Intervention, an oxymoron, is a joke and functions so poorly that it is actually unsafe. It misses the lane departure without a warning on occasion and wanders so far over the lane as to be unsafe, before it reacts. Nissan USA and Local dealership were notified of this defect in writing and never got a response from either. So much for Customer Support! The Econ button is located below the dash and has to be activated every time when starting the car. Doesn't stay on. The "premium" radio is terrible. Very poor muddy sound. The ride is very rough and stiff and is noisy regardless of road condition. This is the top of the line for this model and it misses the mark badly, though it does have a nice sporty look that is very deceiving! My advice is look elsewhere for a small SUV and stay away from Nissan. Too many good cars by Honda and Toyota that put this car to shame.

Will Never Buy Nissan Again
By Dee M

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport S 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Where to start. First I will say it does get great gas mileage and is excellent in the snow but that is all the good I can say. I bought my Rouge Sport in October of 2017 and since the beginning it has been a problem. I start my car on cold days and about 10 minutes later get in and it's a cold as when I started it. It takes a couple of miles of driving before it starts to warm up. The heat starts to get warm, but not warm like it should and the needle will start to move to warm then a few miles down the road the heat starts to blow cool again and the needle has gone from warm back down to cold. I have had this car in a million times, have pictures of each stage w/o the the mileage and time in the picture and they swear it is normal. I have gone to Nissan cooperate since the dealership just does not get it and gives me a hard time. They had me go to another dealer and a Nissan tech came and of course it is normal. I do not think it is normal for your car to go from warm to cold again. I have also had a horrible clunk under the car when I go from the break to the gas again (someone heard it when I was stopped by them then took my foot off the break and went to the gas again and said something is loose under your car) but according to them it is normal and they even tried to tell me the clunk is in the engine. Now onto the jerking/pulsating the car does when I am driving at 50 or higher and especially going up the hills/mountains it does it really bad. Again nothing. There problem is if they can not duplicate the problem or it does not show on the computer they are to lazy to look into it further. Well needles to say I have filed against Nissan with the lemon law and we go to court in November. And I will say save your time calling cooperate cause they do not care and will not help. I had to be a pain in the butt to get help. This process has been going on since the beginning of December ( mind you I got the car in October) and I still have a long way to go. It can take almost a year to resolve. I will never buy a Nissan again!

This is a GOOD Rogue
By Bob Snead

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This Rogue Sport is all I ever wanted in my SUV. The power is adiquate, but the interior road noise is very low at highway speeds. The gas milage is acceptable, but the technology is really ahead of the CR-V, and the Nissan wins again in the "looks" department over Honda. You won't be sorry if you buy this vehicle.

So far so good
By PAnderson1990@yahoo.com

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

New to Nissan brand. Was skeptical due to the horrible characteristics of the Previous continuously variable transmission I experienced in an Audi and a Honda. I was talked into trying out a loaded Rogue Sort AWD, I loved the looks and much to my surprise the driving characteristics of this type transmission were much better than the Audi or Honda I tested. The seats are probably best in the class for comfort (at least for me) and I was surprised at how much room was inside the Sport, back seat holds 3 adults pretty well. Overall the inside seems really wide compared to the HR-V and the Audi q3. The “luxury “ appointments are also quite nice, so far the fit, finish and quality seem good. Love the panoramic roof and piano black trim. The sound system and fuel mileage seem average. The Sport is not “sporty” but I do think it is sport(ier) than the regular Rogue, which I also tested. Overall we are enjoying this vehicle.

Two thumbs up to Rogue Sport
By T. Anderson

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is not a luxury SUV, nor a race car. So don’t expect to compare it to those things. What this is, is a fully capable small SUV that does most everything right, with semi luxurious appointments, very comfortable seats and a roomy interior. The Rogue sport handles and brakes very well, has good road stability and decent ground clearance. The only negative is the CVT transmission. It’s better than most CVT’s but still zaps some fun out of a pretty decent powertrain. The ride and noise are slightly better than average for the class, the gas mileage is decent, we average 29 combined driving, 33 on long highway trips. I find the looks more appealing than the standard Rogue, people often compliment and say it looks a nicer and sportier than the regular Rogue. Overall we are satisfied with the Rogue Sport!