2017 Nissan Rogue Sport Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue Sport model:

I dont drive an Iphone
By Desna

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport SV 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Overall, we do like the car, its fun, drives great, feels good on the road and we got the exterior color we wanted. The things we really weren't happy about? No navigation system, everything setup for a damn Iphone and I HATE HATE HATE did I say HATE? Apple products, If you have an android and want it to integrate with your car? DO NOT buy a Rogue, or a Nissan, they seem obsessed with IPHONE compatibility, our Androids could barely get the car to play music or even feed navigation through the speakers of the car and forget a display, there isn't any, maybe you get that with an Apple but not with an android. The other big issue? Black interior. I despise black interiors, I'm from Arizona, black interiors mean heat, way too much of it and they show every speck of dust that comes into the car but when we bought our Rogue? the only interior color the dealership had, with nearly 70 to choose from in a hot climate where most people dislike black interiors, was black. No tan, no gray...just black. We were NOT happy about that. So those things, along with terrible side visibility, as in HUGE blindspots that semi trucks can hide in and I am not kidding about that, and the apple thing and while we love the mechanics of the car in general, we do regret the purchase.

I hate pushbutton start
By Barrys

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I hate pushbutton start . I’ve owned this car approximately one year less than 7500 miles on it and I’ve had five batteries put in to my remote. Tomorrow is going back to the dealer for the second time because the car will not recognize my key signal it is the most frustrating aggravating Unsafe car I’ve ever owned.I’m afraid to take it on a trip also if I have to make an emergency exit from somewhere or rush someone to the hospital God for bid if you’re sitting in a brand new car press the button with your foot on the break and not a goddamn thing happens it’s hard To believe I actually have to pay monthly for this car So glad I leased it I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone it’s under powered Terrible Exceller ration and the CVT transmission is not comfortable to drive that’s it Today they put two batteries in my remotes If the immediate future this beautiful ass starting issues I will bring it back and they will diagnose it. The fact that it had no warning code on my dashboard prohibited them today from diagnosing it further however if this happens again I will definitely leave it there and let them check it out

Bad car: technology, engine, transmission problems
By Michael Khitrov

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport SL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Avoid this car. I owned this car for 9 month, purchased new. Lot of problems... Engine or/and transmission problem - when cold (cold..overnight stay in California!) engine idle is unstable number of times engine stop after transmission shifted to D or R. Technology package is terrible - connection to BT phone takes ~5-10 minutes after you turn car on - you neither can voice dial nor play Pandora music nor use Google services at that time. Pandora and Google application at this car start ~50% of time - otherwise you get error messages... Lot of bugs in infotiment software... Assembly quality is terrible - trim around rear door windows loose and shakes. Rear gate Handle is loose... Nissan service is useless - they couldn't find the reason why engine stops on idle, mentioned that trim the same bad on other Nissan cars they checked on the dealership lot. And of course, no Software problem found and fixed. Terrible car, worst I owned so far...

Doing this review to spare someone else
By Milagros Santana

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Problems began when I was hit so slightly by someone on the passenger side that set the entire car off balance. Px door bent in... Hate to think had there been speed or impact involved... Has taken 4 months so far to replace a windshield from a tree branch falling on it from a storm in Florida (how often do those happen?)... vendor says they still can't get the part from Nissan. I am still going back & forth between dealer (who says they are NOT responsible for parts -- which is why someone should know this at POINT OF SALE) and Nissan. I reiterate it's not a Bentley... it's a Rogue you shouldn't buy. NO Customer service skills at all in "service" areas. Acceleration is slow when entering a highway at speed. Defogger takes a long time to work. For the year of the model, one shouldn't need to manually operate as much as one does, but I wouldn't rate it as low for those things; however, safety, is without compromise.

Pleasently Suprised!
By Jeff G

2017 Nissan Rogue Sport SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Had a Juke Nismo RS prior to this, but was time for something new. It was a 2017 Leftover and Love the Monarch Orange Color. My wife has a 2105 Rogue and really like that, but wanted something a little smaller. Had it a month and very impressed with the handling and how quiet it is. While the Motor isn't the Nismo's, it still has good pickup and very smooth shifting. Ride is similar to the Rogue, and 100% better than the Juke, and we both have commented about how well it rides whether Highway or City! It's an SL and only lacks the Platinum Package, which for me would have only wanted the Sunroof, as all the Lane/Driver assist features weren't anything I really cared for. So far so good and would definitely recommend.