Used 2008 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Great MPG
By ed

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We needed larger transportation so we checked out Honda, Toyota and Nissan. The Nissan had what we needed and at the right price. We drove 300 miles to the shore the next week and got 29.6 mpg all highway with cruse control. Mixed driving is 21 mpg. Love the tinted glass on the base model. It carries everything you need to take the family on vacation. It is also great for getting on the highway, very good acceleration.

Tinted glass on base model.

More ground clearance.

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE
By Jimbou

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is excellent when it is new. VERY new. Because at 4 months, it is old yet. the interior sounds like if the car was 10 years old. Wind, rattle, vibrations. Customer support overlooks my problems with arrogance. Nothing abnormal, they say.

Engine and transmission are smooth and powerful, braking is efficient, handling is precise even under heavy rain, interior is comfortable

Manufacturing quality and customer support are extremely poor.

Sexy Mama Van
By imariquinn

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my 08 Nissan Quest for 5 months now and have put on 4800 miles. I have had it in the dealer one time and that was for the first oil change at 3000 miles. The van is beautiful to look at, I love the auto hatch door. It is very convenient to have it open and close with the touch of a button! Also, the dual sliding doors both work and I don't notice any rattling. The fold flat rear seats are quick and easy to manipulate and came in handy when I was moving some furniture. My gas mileage is great, not as good as my Odyssey with the VCS engine though. I am averaging 24MPG using 87 Regular gas. I have flat terrain and avoid highways. I recommend!

Auto sliding doors and back hatch! Back up sensors! Convenient iPod input and digital display on dash. Sexy styling of the exterior and very roomy interior.

Add additional cup holders in front (my Odyssey had 4 - I miss this). Make a better trunk well liner to cover the bottom - the options available are quite ugly. Make it easier to add XM radio to the S models.

Many Nissans owned - 3 Quests
By Nissan Guy

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I have owned an Altima, Pathfinder, two Maximas, and three Quests, 2004, 2007, 2008, all SEs. Our first Quest was great mechanically except for the sliding door rattles that Nissan fixed the next year. We found the road noise to be quieter after replacing the Good Year tires with Bridgestone. 2007 had front end issues fixed under warranty, no door rattles, but we got hoodwinked by the Michelin PAX tires so we just traded for the 2008. I think it will be quieter again after removing the Good Year Eagle tires. I have had Eagles on other vehicles without the road noise but not the Quest. We have loved all of our Nissan's. They have rarely if ever had to visit mechanics.

Outside styling, always gets looks and comments. Skyview, dual dvd, room to haul, flat fold seats, 2008 seats are better than earlier versions.

Touchscreen navigation, Bridgestone tires, my first Maxima had Bridgestone and we have loved them since. Ability to watch dual movies on dual dvd.

A Nice Van
By kulunphan818

2008 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My SE Quest includes dual DVD screen + navigation system. The main reason for purchasing the Quest because all my family members like the style, interior designs of the van, even though I am not very confident of the long-term reliability of the Quest. However, I was willing to make the bet. It is no question that the Quest has much better exterior and interior designs, comparing with other major vans (Odyssey, Sienna, etc.). The only thing I did not like is the uncomfortable front seats. But the van is much quieter than Sienna or Odyssey.

Skyview in the back, dual DVD screen. The upgraded Bose system sounds just OK but I know that Bose does not make good sound system like some people might think (cause I am an audiophile) or if compared with other sound systems. The Boston Acoustic sound system in my Chrysler 300C sounds much better.

Touch screen navigation, instead of the joystick. Improve the front seats (driver and passengers.) The seats were designed to have too much bump for lumbar support, but it caused us not be able to lay down to rest our head to the head rest.