Used 2007 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Was this Quest a good buy or good bye?
By Judy's Quest

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Trade in 1999 Mercury Villager (Quest clone) with 120K miles. Except for tach, everything still worked. We thought that the Nissan Quest would be as reliable and useful but now we are wondering if the extra cost of a Honda or Toyota would have been a better choice. Maybe we should have bought used. On the way home, the button that slides the seatbelt adjuster up and down broke and fell into the door post. This was after 30 minutes of ownership. Three days later, my wife tells me that the A/C does not seem to blow as cold as it did when we got it.

Much bigger and roomier than our old minivan. Power to spare, especially when loaded with 4 grandkids. Love the regular instrument location and dash mounted shifter. Center instrument cluster would have been a deal breaker. Thank goodness no CVT but a nice 5 speed. Flat folding seats are great.

Add a real center console! We added a tupperware bowl under the flat panel to hold items. Real tacky but functional. Front seats have no thigh support. Extend cushion. Need to see odometer but have an option to hide the trip odometer readings. Very annoying. Waffle pattern on seats hold dirt.

Excellent Family Car
By sukhi kohli

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife used to hate the thought of driving a minivan until she drove Quest. It's the best family car, with ample legroom in front, rear and third row seats. We love taking this car for long drives and will soon drive cross country. I recommend Quest to everybody. Enjoy your ride.

Excellent shape and very clean and sophisticated front control panel.

Little more legroom in front row to accomodate taller people.

Issues-resolution
By Issues-resolution

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Quest is a great van, I even managed to get 32 miles per gallon, (cruise at 67 miles per hour). On the other hand there are two main problems with the car, first front driver side seat moves. Second the tire bounces, but that is not a Quest problem that is a Goodyear problem, you cannot balance the tires the only way to eliminate this problem is to have the dealership replace the tires. Nissan dealer tested 16 tires before they found 4 good ones – test was called road force, it fails every time. It’s not dangerous it’s only irritating. I also had problems with vibration while braking while driving through hills of West Virginia.

235 HP

Never use Goodyear tires again.

Mixed Feelings
By Dan

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First the bad news after 500 mile road trip. Front seats don't provide the comfort/quality support that second row seats do. Longer seat bottoms like the second row would be the fix for tall guys. The seat covering on front of the driver and passenger seats bottoms will not stay attached to the seat pan. I noticed this in the first 30 miles. It's on my list to fix. The hood, headlights and grille don't line up correctly. Gaps are off on lift gate. Low speeds 18-22 MPH on gravel roads leaves the trans hunting for right gear. Not enough storage areas. Steering wheel is too far from driver when seat is back. Tires vibrate even after dealer balanced them before I took delivery.

Now for the good. Power is great due to gearing and trans combination. Design looks good. Drives well with good balance between sporty and comfort. Standard features on base model are all you need. Extra light when turn signals are on. Open feel. Quiet, conversation easy amongst all passengers.

Telescopic steering column for drivers over 6 feet. Extended seat base for driver and passenger. Better attachment of seat fabric to seat pan. Improve MPG. Improve fit/finish of hood and grill. Tire quality is questionable. Needs storage console between front seats.

Love Quest so much bought a 2nd one
By Scooby Mom

2007 Nissan Quest 3.5 S 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I initially purchased a 2004 Nissan Quest SE and I absolutely loved it (DVD player didn't hurt). My 17-year old son was involved in a bad accident in my 2004 Quest. He walked away without a scratch; the car suffered all the front end damage but my son had not one scratch. Unfortunately, my 2004 Quest had to be totalled because it absorbed all of the energy and the frame was crumpled behind the engine. Well - I had 2 days to shop for a vehicle and I kept coming back to the Quest. I bought the 2007 Nissan Quest 3.5S in chestnut brown - it is a beautiful car and my 8 yr-old twins love the car. I highly recommend the Quest.

The 7 passenger seating; DVD entertainment package; cargo organizer.

Windows that roll down in 2nd row; ability to lay down 3rd row seat to use as a bed.