Used 2006 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Constantly Fixing
By Brooke

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this 2006 Quest for the last 7 years. It is uncomfortable. It is constantly needing repairs. It is noisy. It gets poor gas mileage. In addition to needing frequent repairs, the car is designed in a way that complicates all repairs and maintenance. At 100k I've already been through 4 alternators. Each alternator replacement requires hours of labor and the removal of radiator and battery. The electronic displays in the dash frequently do not work. The car averages 13 mpg. This is a poorly designed and executed vehicle.

Constantly Fixing
By Brooke

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Do not purchase. Transmission issues that Nissan ignores
By wyogal1890

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van used with 52,465 miles. From the first month we have had problems. First bad seals and now transmission issues. It doesn't happen all of the time, but I put the van in drive, push the accelerator and nothing happens. The RPMs go up, but the van won't go forward. I have had to have my van towed to the dealership twice, and of course it works fine when it gets there. After a Google search it appears I am not the only person having this issue. I think it is time for Nissan to step up and fix this issue. This is our main family vehicle and it is not reliable.

* is roomy * good air conditioning * DVD player * comfortable

Admit and fix the transmission issues Body is a bit loose. * middle passenger sear rattles * wind blows through sliding door seals

do not buy
By kit54

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 Nissan Quest in Jan. 2007 because Hawaii passed a law that children under the age of 8 and weight of less than 80# has to be in a child seat. Because I had a small car and could only put 2 of my 6 grandchildren and nephew and niece in the car at one time I had to get a bigger car. So I picked up the Quest. The side door glide covers fell off while driving and damaged the car. The passenger front seat door was making a whistling sound like the window wasn't close properly, found out the decorative panel was loose. the lights kept falling off the ceiling, the driver's visor kept falling down and dangling in front of the driver obstructing the view of the road while driving, the AC vents fall of the ceiling. Junk car!
2016 update: I had to replace brakes 2x already, Since there is only 2 gears I constantly have to break going downhill. I have changed my transmission already at 79,000 miles and I have to change the shocks/struts (what ever this car has!) had to replace my headlights due to cloudy which makes night visibility poor! This car is a LEMON!!

NEVER AGAIN.
By hasman69

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

From what I have been reading, I have been lucky cause I havent had this many problems but all in all if I had to do it again, I wouldnt. Bought it new in July of 2006, I wanted the Honda but wifey liked the Nissan and since its primarily her car I went with it, mistake right there. I do
admit I like the roominess of it but thats where it stops. We have only had 49000 miles on it in 6 1/2 years but so far nothing major but its the little things. First of all, its not very quiet, its made cheap from the inside, yes our vents fall off too. The rear sliding door started making noise while driving and dealer kept lubricating but nothing.

Roomy. That is the only good thing I can say. Stuff I dont like, Seats arent comfy, interior is cheap, too much engine noise, dvd player under passenger seat, turning radius (hard to park in tight spots), cant find replacement tires other than the oem ones cause the size was custom made for Quest.

Use better material.