Used 2006 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Quest

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

steering failure
By eileen toscano

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Lovely looking, but at 30,ooo miles steering column failed.Is this a lemon/ Beware.

Appearance, roominess of cabin

Too muuch glare from dashboard on bright dayss

Awesome Van
By mrsv

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Sold my 05 Altima and bought the 06 Quest at a BARGAIN and love it. My family is growing and we needed more room and comfort, and that's exactly what we got. My husband had the front windows and windshield tinted and that really made a difference on the interior "glare" that I have heard some complain about. The center mounted gauges take some getting used to but overall no complaints. Dual sliding doors and power lift gate are wonderful. DVD player is excellent and fun to have. I have read many unfavorable reviews but I have had no problems and I LOVE IT.

Dual power doors, liftgate, back up camera, DVD and wireless headphones, 6 disc changer.

Automatic lights, lighted steering wheel controls.

Mixed Review
By cbnbuilder

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned our 2006 Quest for 2-1/2 years. It has 61,000 miles. All recommended service performed by Dealer. Although the van has been reliable till recently, the transmission went out two weeks ago (1,000 miles outside the warranty period). After much (too much) debate and pleading, Nissan covered the repair ($4100). When we picked the van up from our dealer, the windshield was busted... we're still debating their responsibility. I find the seats to be very roomy but uncomfortable. Front seat feels like you are sliding out of them toward the steering wheel, makes you kind of hold on to wheel to brace yourself all the time. Original Goodyear tires were noisy and wore poorly.

I like the look of the van and it rides nice (now that we got the Goodyears replaced with Yokohomias). Interior room is outstanding. Interior trim seems to be wearing well.

Exterior paint seems to chip easily. Transmission went out ($4100) at 61,000 miles. Acceleration is lazy. Seats are uncomfortable.

Nothing but trouble - don't buy it
By GreginNJ

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a demo model of the Quest which was fully loaded (DVD, navigation, wireless headphones, leather, power everything, etc..) It's back in the shop for the FOURTH time as the rear lift gate arm keep breaking off. Now Nissan has to replace the entire rear lift gate and arm (the bolt the lift arm connects to is integrated into the entire door and is stripped). The dealer tried repairing it 3 times previously, replaced the lift arm twice, and every time it breaks of within a matter of weeks. The quality of the components is very, very bad. We had the cover on a power outlet break off, same with a handle on the middle seat. Now we're scared because it just went beyond 36,000mi.

Navigation system, DVD system, rear camera, power doors/liftgate (when they're not broken).

Design repairability into the vehicle - this is not well designed, and repairs are major even when a small piece breaks.

Not what I thought it should be
By Minivan Mom

2006 Nissan Quest 3.5 S Special Edition 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Quest for the room and outside design. The room is great and we enjoy all the bells and whistles, such as the DVD and radio, cd changer. We are not very happy with quality of the van. We have had the weather stripping replaced 2 times, the gas gauge shows empty sometimes after filling up, I actually was so embarrassed at the gas station when I went in to tell them that the pump must be broken, because there was no gas in my car, but the pump charged me. Come to find out it was the defect in the car that made it not register. It has done this several times since. We are now having problems with it spark knocking and losing power like it is running out of gas.

DVD, center console, roomy

Weather stripping, engine problem, middle window would be nice.