Used 2005 Nissan Quest Minivan Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

Good but not great
By Khubo

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving all comers in the segment this is the one that my wife had to have. So far it has been a great purchase and has stopped all the hitting and fighting in the back seat. We have had a few issues: As everyone else states we have had the door rattles. This was recently fixed by the 3rd dealership we visited. When the van is left outdoors overnight and the temperature gets below freezing all the electronics except the throttle cease to work. This is very inconvenient in the middle of nowhere. the problem sorts itself out and the dealership has been unable to recreate the issue. I have turned the brake rotors once and am ready to do so again. I am sure this is due to wife's driving

Dual Screen DVD - Kids love it Nav system - My wife will never get lost again Fuel economy in the mid 20's - Better than any SUV of similar size Traction/Stability control - Great in the Winter Seat Memory - My wife is short and I am not

Better sound system. The Bose system just isn't very good. I got better sound out of the Infinity system in my 10 year old Chrysler minivan Split folding rear seat - Why does it have to be all or nothing?

Wish I did not buy it
By Noel

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new car thinking that that was the smart thing to do. I am so upset about my Quest. At 30,000 I took it into Nissan for the yearly VA inspection. They told me that I neede new breaks and that they were schocked how many miles I had on the car because most of the vans needed then at 20,000. I also needed new tires at 35,000 the van is too heavy of a car for the type that came with the van! That they did not have a milage garentee. I will never buy a NIsann again!!!!

3 years
By jb

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After three years and 46,000 miles the van is still doing great inside and out. The Nissan Quest took quite a beating when it came on the scene in 2004 and in some instances rightfully so. However, our 2005 Quest has not missed a beat after three years of fairly heavy use. The van has had only normal maintenance nothing major, ever. Kids still absolutely love the van. Their friends still rate it a "10" and fight over who carpools in it. Four are still bugging their parents to buy a Quest because it is the "coolest van ever" or "the most technologically advanced van" they have ever been in. Van has held up exceptionally well.

Navigational system, dual screen DVD, acceleration and handling of the van. Very large and comfortable rear seats for passengers. Easy entry due to sliding door size.

True dual DVD system (two different movies at once). Split rear seat with armrest. Skyview windows that open or rear side windows that open. Better headrests. Require a manual override (second chance) to put van in drive/reverse if rear hatch is up.

2005 Nissan Quest
By ML

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SE 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When we purchased this van, we considered an Odyssey and a Sienna but settled on the Nissan based on the better negotiated price. While overall it is a nice van which meets requirements, the maintenance costs, problems, and fuel economy are not as expected. Plan on replacing tires and rear brakes (under normal city driving) at 30,000 miles and paying $800 for the same service. Tires we found much cheaper elsewhere costing $470 vs. $800 at the dealer. Also the power doors don't always work which the dealer cannot figure out. Using regular gas causes it to ping, so plan on using premium and getting 16 - 18 mpg. Best we could muster was about 23 highway. Third row seat is extremely heavy.

Styling, dvd entertainment system, center gauges.

Improve quality and fuel efficiency. Split third row seat, or power folding.

Best Van Ever
By Alexes

2005 Nissan Quest Minivan 3.5 SL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was one of the best investments that I ever made. My Quest is very comfortable and luxurious to me. My family and I love it. It is absolutely great.

My favorite feature is the driving performance.

Some improvements would be to have a different variety in colors.